67CU90Z.gif

OH LMAO WRONG THREAD HEHEHE  :edge:

Edited by Stuart

how do u delete messages

anyway

just ignore that lol wer jhust goofinf

w̦̟̝̼̗r̻̀o̕ńg҉̯̤̦͕̻̺̝ ̹̪͚̼              

t͏͙h̬̤r҉̞͙̱̠̖e͜a͓̞̺̟̫d̢͎̦̺

Guys after a really stressful period I'm feeling pretty good about life so I figured I'd make a thread about things that have gone right for you in life lately.

1) I just shipped a video game and people seem to like it.

2) A hat that I really liked and thought I had lost was returned to me eight months later.

Was this the Cody Wyoming hat?

I just locked my keys in the car at school and I realized the campus police will break into your car for you for free. Fuck locksmiths.

The lady who I finally wrangled to do my taxes helped me take the amount I owed on my untaxed income down by a lot! Woo hoo! 

Regardless of how my professional life makes me feel (bad), I get to come home to my best friend & my cat every night.

A few months ago, I finally talked to my doctor about taking brain drugs for my depression, and I honestly feel like they're helping. And I'm feeling a lot better.

Also after a long time of keeping it private and not really being sure if it's actually true I openly stated that I'm bi in the Slack chat a week or so ago and it made me feel great to just tell someone. I love all you people!

ghostbusters-chris-hemsworth.jpg

This is what triggered me opening up. <3

I put up a whiteboard and it's helping me feel a lot more like a productive person!

Are you me?  I literally did that this week. 

Also after a long time of keeping it private and not really being sure if it's actually true I openly stated that I'm bi in the Slack chat a week or so ago and it made me feel great to just tell someone. I love all you people!

:clap:

I helped a friend move last week and she gave me a super rad hand carved hand giving the middle finger. 

post-33601-0-63407600-1455739991.jpg

I'm a dancer and have been teaching and dancing but not choreographing for a couple years, and I didn't think I could make anything I felt good about anymore. With some hand-wringing and pressure from friends over the holiday weekend I put something together. 

I actually feel pretty good about it, and I'll get a chance to perform it soon.  It all came together really fast and surprised me super pleasantly.

We've been stressing out for awhile about our son's speech delay and within the last month or so he has finally had an explosion of new words. He's a little over 2.5 years old and had just refused to talk up until recently. We've had a number of behavioral tests done and had been taking him to speech therapy every week but it just didn't seem to be going anywhere. But now he is rapidly learning new words and seeing all that fast mapping finally happening has relieved so many worries. I guess he just didn't give a fuck and wanted to talk on his own terms.

Work is the one constant positive thing and I'm super grateful for the position I'm in and the group of people I work with. I'll hit my 7 year anniversary in June and I've suddenly found myself going from standard software testing and software deployments to leading development efforts and managing projects over the last year or two. At this rate I think it's likely that I'll spend the remainder of my career at this company and it feels great to have that level of stability.

On the video game side, I completed my backlogs for Steam and all of my major consoles. I was worried for a bit that the goals I set for myself were too unrealistic but I totally pulled it off and it felt great! 

I moved into my girlfriend's old apartment, since she took a job in Chicago, and it's a really nice and affordable place. Finally, I feel like I have ownership of a space that I'm happy to share with people, for the first time in my life. Also, long distance does suck, but this is the first long-distance relationship that I've had where both people are making regular efforts to see each other, so that's going right, too.

I moved into my girlfriend's old apartment, since she took a job in Chicago, and it's a really nice and affordable place. Finally, I feel like I have ownership of a space that I'm happy to share with people, for the first time in my life. Also, long distance does suck, but this is the first long-distance relationship that I've had where both people are making regular efforts to see each other, so that's going right, too.

Glad to hear an update on this saga, sounds like everything is going to work out!

Glad to hear an update on this saga, sounds like everything is going to work out!

Thanks, Syn. Fingers crossed, that's what this thread is for!

A few months ago, I finally talked to my doctor about taking brain drugs for my depression, and I honestly feel like they're helping. And I'm feeling a lot better.

ghostbusters-chris-hemsworth.jpg

This is what triggered me opening up. <3

everyone needs a little more nerdy Chris Hemsworth in their life. Grats grats!