GavinTheAlmighty

The game name claim to fame, or "How I learned to stop worrying and love Gratuitous Space Battles"

I'm really liking Danganronpa as a game name. It's nonsensical, but also catchy and is fun to say. It sticks with you too. Also doesn't hurt that it's a good game!

As for worst titles, No man's sky is a horrible mouthful of name, and I really hate it, regardless of how good a game it looks.

As for worst titles, No man's sky is a horrible mouthful of name, and I really hate it, regardless of how good a game it looks.

Is it worse than Horizon: Zero Dawn?  Because that's a pretty terrible title, not unlike Game of War: Fire Age.

While is one of my favorite Visual Novels, Notch - Innocent LunA - Eclipsed SinnerS is a fine word salad. Oblivious Garden ~ Carmina Burana, another Visual Novel is also to a good game and a bit word salad for a title.

Most of Brendon Chung's games have weird but wonderful names, I mean Thirty Flights of Loving has to be a favourite around here, right?

If Life is Strange was actually called Tween Peaks it'd probably be my favourite ever game name, but sadly that glorious reality only exists in these forums.

Games with difficulty pronounced made up words in the titles are destined to die a death.

Kingdom of amurlerrr?

I bet it would've sold twice as many copies if they had a name as easy and remember as dragon age.

How can you tell your friends about this great game you're playing when you can't pronounce or remember how to spell it for them?

I can't actually think of any other example as they've all sunk to the darkest recesses of my mind. Case in point

I maed a fantstsy gaem. It called Dragon Age. IT's super cool becuz i like Dragons!

Two games that I've never played, but love the names of, are Skyward Collapse and Starseed Pilgrim.  Both are very evocative names, without really telling you that much. 

Is it worse than Horizon: Zero Dawn?  Because that's a pretty terrible title, not unlike Game of War: Fire Age.

That is such an awful title. It looks like something that came out of a joke "game name generator."

I have to point out that Monster Hunter is a fantastic name. It's clean and to the point. You know what you're getting when you buy Monster Hunter. You're gonna be a person hunting monsters. 

Similarly, Papers, Please is a brilliant name. Man, I should go back and play that. 

It would be improved if it was Resident as an adjective, an evil that resides and does not go away, rather than just being a noun to mean... the mansion I guess?

The Sea Will Claim Everything

of course

Evocative and fitting the mood of the game perfectly.

Some Aksys System titles are a bit strange at first look, such as BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger or BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extended, until you play and and find out that make sense in context.

I am not sure what a "Elminage" is, or how it can be "Gothic", but Elminage Gothic is a very good jrpg on the wizardry style. Also I a didn´t know that dragon could have dogmas, but Dragon´s Dogma is just amazing game.

It would be improved if it was Resident as an adjective, an evil that resides and does not go away, rather than just being a noun to mean... the mansion I guess?

I had always just assumed it was the adjective...

Residential Evil. 

That is such an awful title. It looks like something that came out of a joke "game name generator."

The only way it could get worse is if the horizon was a color: Red Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Or make it sound more militaristic: Red Horizon: Zero Dawn Thirty.

Like, neither of those seems outside the possibility of what might have been considered.

The only way it could get worse is if the horizon was a color: Red Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Or make it sound more militaristic: Red Horizon: Zero Dawn Thirty.

Like, neither of those seems outside the possibility of what might have been considered.

It can always get worse by adding more colons. Give it a couple years and we have Horizon: Zero Dawn 2: The Reckoning: Digital Deluxe Edition.

Or maybe the sequel would be Horizon: One Dawn. I think that's silly enough that it has crossed over from bad to funny again.

I wish I knew what Horizon: Zero Dawn meant. Every time I think the words "Horizon" and "Zero Dawn" I feel like they're made up words. They just don't fit together in any way. 

The character's name too...Aloy. It's like they spent about 5 minutes thinking of that. There's so many awesome Celtic names, but they went with some pun on metal?

There's got to be another dumb pun in there with Killzone. Hori-zone? I'm too tired.

It can always get worse by adding more colons. Give it a couple years and we have Horizon: Zero Dawn 2: The Reckoning: Digital Deluxe Edition.

Or maybe the sequel would be Horizon: One Dawn. I think that's silly enough that it has crossed over from bad to funny again.

The only time I will accept too many colons is when the game itself is actually good, like Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut: Colon.

I like punchy, two-syllable titles:

Flywrench

Snakebird

Downwell

Bloodborne

Torchlight

Wordplay is good too:

Antichamber

Crypt of the NecroDancer

Eufloria

Evocative names that I like:

Starseed Pilgrim

Hyper Light Drifter

MirrorMoon EP

What about the worst titles? Surely Game of War: Fire Age is up there. I also particularly dislike BeatBuddy: Tale of the Guardians. And Tower of Guns always annoyed me, for some reason.

Just Cause is a great one cause it fits the big game dichotomy well where it's simultaneously saying it's serious and you're fighting a Just Cause while also admitting that you're really doing it for no real reason aside from fun and Just 'Cause.