SuperBiasedMan

Idle Cook Club - Veggie Feeds-me: My Body Is Ready

Those look great. I just woke up early and got a big old chili on. Will post pictures when it's done in 7 hours time.

In honour of this theme i made:

Risotto

viMbsZW.jpg

Chilli Bean soup

KSnMdZF.jpg

Biriyani

ilc2FyS.jpg

Dibs they look great, especially Britain.

Ive made chili yqW0flQh.jpg

I just pulled the ox cheek apart in the pan p6WoPOlh.jpg

I made my own paste using dried chilies garlic lime and stuff beforehand so it's not technically one pot I suppose but it's my theme so BACK OFF.

Here's a bonus botched carrot cake UKdc5Ezh.jpg

Heres the finished meal, not pictured "homemade" tortilla chips made by blasting Corn tortillas in the oven for 5 mins yVo1PUf.jpg

I will try to get pictures, we made what I'll call potato and chickpea curry over rice. Really good! I cooked up a little on the side with some chicken thighs. Happy with the outcome.

Oh hey! Forums are still here! I'm crunching like a mad man these days but it's my turn at the wheel for choosing and I think I should have time to execute on one of my very favorite things this weekend...

ENCHILADAS

I'll most likely be doing the Potato & Kale Enchiladas from the Veganomicon as I've made it numerous times and it's always come out fantastically. Enchiladas seem like they might be a pain in the ass to cook, with the tortilla folding and what not but I've always found that it's relatively easy since most of the work is in the prep.

Here are some sample recipes (and photos) to get your cook-brains a thinking:

enchiladas-vertical-b1.jpg

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/enchiladas/

1577_2_1437662255.jpg

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/veggie-enchiladas/

10462815534_afc366fe29_c.jpg

http://www.theppk.com/2013/10/nirvana-enchilada-casserole-video/

p.s. bonus points for using chocolate/mole sauce!

I have people over on saturday for dinner and board games so i think this quite fits the menu! Nomnom.

Got a lot of suitable ingredients left over from the chili so this is perfect. Gonna do a mole!

Enchilada SAUCE

bQLWSHTh.jpg

Enchiladas!

0pFHVVg.jpg

ENCHILADAS!

KaO3y9v.jpg

They don't look great, is it possible to make them look good? They were really nice though. Chicken is the meat and the sauce is my attempt at a mole with chocolate, it was really hot to begin with so I added I little chipped tomato. Happy with it as a first attempt, I just chucked stuff in a blender p much

I'm a bit late but I did make my enchiladas, you can see em here:

img_20160725_204416063.jpg

They were mostly black beans, onions, peppers and sweetcorn, with a tomato sauce I made and some vegan cheese draped over them. Very tasty, though I had to cook in 4 separate receptacles, which was less nice. Worth it tho, after 2 holiday weeks of not cookin.

And it's also time for a new theme. We've wrapped around to the start of the list again, which means I think we're all in for a treat as we pick our theme. So, why not have some cake!

We've cooked plenty of dinners, now we could have chocolate cake, banana bread or a bunch of muffins.

If you wanna stay savoury, you still can. How about crab cakes, or just a nice 'cake' of mozarella and sundried tomato. If you wanna just bake bread and call it cake, that's fine (and is probably what I'll end up doing).

So go forth and make some cake!

EDIT: Quick note about theme order. I'm just going back to the start, intending to get in contact with each person as we go, giving everyone notice so they have time to decide, or bow out if they want. (reminder, you can opt out of choosing themes, but still take part in the cooking just fine) If you want to tell me in advance to remove you, or bump you down the list, just shoot me a message and I'll adjust accordingly.

Nice! I am making a copy of my wedding cake (but obviously smaller) for my wife for our anniversary on the 9th, so this is perfect.

Nice! I am making a copy of my wedding cake (but obviously smaller for my wife for our anniversary on the 9th, so this is perfect.

That's a great idea! Are you going to be decorating it, or just matching the taste?

That's a great idea! Are you going to be decorating it, or just matching the taste?

We had a pretty simple tiered multi-layer chocolate cake with butter cream frosting, I thinking I might do a mini version of it with 4" circular pans and see if our toppers fit on it hah.

I've never been much of a baker, and have never made buttercream before, and definitely haven't decorated a cake before, so we'll see!

v3hKooV.jpg

My turn (though i was utterly unsuccessful at getting time to make some corn cakes like i planned due to moving house).

This time around I'm nominating Fried Rice as our dish. Go wild, or more likely, go leftovers! I have this about once a week, so i'll mayhaps do something special for this outing!

So I did a sort of bad job making the mini-cake replica. Getting a butter cream just the right consistentcy is hard. Decorating cakes is hard.

hI3xIza.jpg?1

I made it up with beautiful steak though (obiously this pic is before the cooking process)

7TLSVEg.jpg

So I did a sort of bad job making the mini-cake replica. Getting a butter cream just the right consistentcy is hard. Decorating cakes is hard.

hI3xIza.jpg?1

I made it up with beautiful steak though (obiously this pic is before the cooking process)

7TLSVEg.jpg

I have decided that the new cake picture has the same cake as the first one, just after the birds ate most of it, got fat and tried to cover it up :)

In all seriousness frosting has always been my nemesis, I always reach a point where I don't want to smooth it anymore and start eating.

I made this a couple days before the theme was announced, but I can definitely recommend this recipe for Shrimp Fried Rice with ********* and toasted Coconut.

Mine didn't look as good as the picture on the site, naturally, but it was very tasty. Sweet, but with a kick. 

14491so.jpg

EDIT: ...is ********* censored on this forum?

EDIT EDIT: Yo, it's like a pine plus an apple, you put it together into a spiky fruit, you can figure it out.

I made this a couple days before the theme was announced, but I can definitely recommend this recipe for Shrimp Fried Rice with ********* and toasted Coconut.

Mine didn't look as good as the picture on the site, naturally, but it was very tasty. Sweet, but with a kick. 

14491so.jpg

EDIT: ...is ********* censored on this forum?

EDIT EDIT: Yo, it's like a pine plus an apple, you put it together into a spiky fruit, you can figure it out.

Watch your mouth son!

Serious eats just posted this:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/08/how-to-make-omurice-japanese-omelette-fried-rice.html

Omurice is fantastic! I also plan on making a cake next week. I have been traveling the past four weekends so I haven't had time to cook much.

How does it taste? It looks amazing.

Its really good, dense and moist. I am becoming a fan of dark coco, makes things look super rich :)