Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

Kojima Productions reanimated corpse comes to life!

So yeah, Sony produces Kojima's next game, Andrew House speaks Japanese very nicely and badaboom, the morning starts with a bang.

Now the only questions are, will he continue making his own old stuff with a changed name, or will he actually be one of the first Japanese developers in a new production company that makes something new. Here's looking at you Itagaki and Inafune.  <_<

And will there be a PC version of whatever he does?

I just hope part of this is Sony hiring someone to tell him no.

"No you can't have that lady be naked all the time and no you can't get all your plot points from info wars. You can have the dog in the eye patch though. That's pretty cool."

First of all, what's wrong with what Itagaki and Inafune have done? Don't underestimate how much it sucks to not own the rights to something you created because yay capitalism (sarcasm warning).

Second, Kojima strikes me as a guy that will try something new, but using things he's done before. He loves to break the 4th wall and wink at players in his own way. I'm not his biggest fan, but y'know what... whatever. Maybe with a new company overseeing his funding we'll get a remixed version of Kojima video game.

I just personally wanted Itakagi and Inafune to make something else than a new Castlevania or Megaman, but truthfully speaking I still backed both Kickstarters so yeah I am not fully dissappointed, yet.

Kojima is not entirely averse to totally nutty innovation lest we forget Boktai's solar sensor.

First of all, what's wrong with what Itagaki and Inafune have done? Don't underestimate how much it sucks to not own the rights to something you created because yay capitalism (sarcasm warning).

Mighty No. 9 looks really ugly. Like really super ugly. As someone who was looking forward to it originally, it's really put me off. I'm sure it still plays fine, but it's nowhere near as good as Mega Man's art. ):

I don't really care about Itagaki's game 'cause I'm not huge into Castlevania. But I did see some shader possible previews recently, and the main character's outfit is... interesting. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1434252

---

I'm excited for this. I love MGS. I don't love everything about it, but I want to see what he does that ISN'T MGS, because when he does that it's almost always interesting.

Cardboard box with "Kojima Productions" label drawn in sharpie seen in front of Sony HQ.

(Seriously, though, good to see Kojima carrying on.)

I hope Kojima was able to get his team with him, including the Rumble Designer.

Looks like many of the old key personnel have moved with him to the new Kojima Productions.