Udvarnoky

Psychonauts.com redesigned

Awesome :)

So I guess that's the final logo then, huh? It could be worse, I guess, although the Mission Impossible one is still the coolest in my book :)

A lot of that video IS gameplay footage. You can see the interface elements in there.

"Oh my god! Let's make out!"

Brilliant! Bloody brilliant! All of the voices rock. :clap:

It's interesting that there has yet to be a screenshot of Dr. Loboto, yet he's been in both of the trailers that they've released. You'd think that they'd publish a picture of the bad guy.

I'm still working on downloading the "small" Quicktime trailer, but does anyone care to explain to me why it is 20megs larger than the "large" trailer? This isn't some sort of crazy Starbucks sizing thing, is it? :shifty:

I was spoiled a little by seeing a sneak preview after Tim's GDC presentation this year but this trailer is a lot longer. I hate the narrators voice and the typography at the end but erm shit this trailer is going to stare and laugh at my productivity for the next hour. I look forward to viewing this again a hundred times.

Starting now.

They seemed to make a mistake with the encoding. I suspect the "Large" trailer is the 320x240 one, and the Small one was supposed to be 240x18something or 160x120. Instead the "small" trailer is just the same as the "large" one, except 20 megs bigger and with weird interlacing.

Whoa. This trailer has hyped me up even more for the game, if that's even possible. The head-trainer-guy-with-cork-in-head sounds like the soldier guy from Hobo 13 in Invader Zim. The dialogue is brilliant, I might add.

"My name..."

"...starts with a 'D'!"

"...is Razputin!"

I hate to wish away the rest of the year, but honestly, 2005 can't come soon enough.

Also, the "Memory Vault" section has scans of the US OXM article about the game. Which is good, because I don't live in the US so I couldn't read the US magazine. But now I can! I love the Internet.

:erm: Oops, I didn't know you had to register to get to the trailer!

LMAO:

Raz: "Billie Lili*, a deranged madman is building an army of psychic death tanks to take over the world! And there's no one who can stop him. Except for you and me!"

Billie: "O my god! Let's make out!"

I seriously hope the whole script will have this quality! :grin:

* Corrected as per that Remo guy.

:erm: Oops, I didn't know you had to register to get to the trailer!

LMAO:

Raz: "Billie, a deranged madman is building an army of psychic death tanks to take over the world! And there's no one who can stop him. Except for you and me!"

Billie: "O my god! Let's make out!"

I seriously hope the whole script will have this quality! :grin:

Sounds like some sort of conversation that may have happened between Yuf darling and myself... :shifty: I feel violated -- nay, harvested.

Sounds like some sort of conversation that may have happened between Yuf darling and myself... :shifty: I feel violated -- nay, harvested.

Kingz: "Trep, a deranged madman is building an army of psychic death tanks to take over the world! And there's no one who can stop him. Except for you and me!"

Trep: "O my god! Go wank yourself in a corner and leave me out of it!"

just watched the trailer, and it was absolutely amazing. its good to see the high quality of dialogue, and variety of gameplay & levels. i really didnt wanna see the trailer all, cos i didnt wanna spoil this excellent game for myself, but i suppose it was kinda worth it :)

roll on 2005!

SiN

I love how the Schafer-dialog will be given twice its usual effect thanks to the excellent animation.

It's that time again that Trep's been waiting for. Moos's pixel by pixel analysis!

Ok, so I don't really have that much to say, but here are a few of the more interesting things that I can think of right now. First, check this screenshot out. Now compare it to the chairs and room that Dr. Loboto is seen in in the trailer. Interesting, no? Either it's the same room or there is some other identical tent at the camp with the exact same chairs in it, which, I suppose, could very well be possible. I wonder what Milla and Sasha are doing there.

Secondly, I have a guess as to what the third real world location is that they mention on the features page. I'm guessing that it's the lake floor, but I could be wrong. The concept are for it on this and this wallpaper look pretty cool. I love the "air desert" idea. It also appears from the trailer that the asylum is located in the middle of the lake.

It's sort of weird, you remember that part towards the end of the trailer where Raz appears to be in a race? It's interesting because if I were to guess I'd say that he's inside Milla's mind (based on the really bright colors) there, but if you look at the top left where it displays what, I assume, is a little meter that displays where people stand in the race, you'll see Bobby Zilch's picture along with two others that I can't make out. So, I guess that it could be the inside of Bobby's mind, or something completely different. I don't know.

They also seem to have two different ways of displaying Raz's health. There's the Zelda-esq brains, and the brightly colored health bar. Both are seen in the trailer, but I believe only the brains are shown in screenshots. I wonder which is the final version.

Finally, this screenshot rocks. Oh, and let's make out. :kiss::naughty:

Amazing. I never payed much attention to Psychonauts because of the ridiculous amount of fanatism in here and the AG forums, but now I see that at least the story and the characters indeed look very promising.

BTW. The large MPEG trailer was actually large -- 640x480.

Finally, this screenshot rocks. Oh, and let's make out. :kiss::naughty:
You want to make out with Strong Bad?

BTW. The large MPEG trailer was actually large -- 640x480.

True. Thanks!

Looks awesome, obviously. Looks like some of the in-game shots were suffering from slowdown, which is nasty, but presumably that'll be fixed. And I don't usually watch trailers so maybe this is a common thing. :shifty:

Its weird that Majesto is advertiseing the game with Tim Shafer's name on it, considering that, even though he does have a fan base, Tim Shafer isn't exactly a huge name like Molyneux or Romero. But when a creater is touted in the advertisements for a game it instantly makes the game seem like a bigger deal. I didn't even know much about Molyneux before I bought Black and White, but with the name there it seemed like a bigger deal.