Sign in to follow this  
Rob Zacny

Esports Today 12/8/2015

Esports Today December 8, 2015:

821__header.jpg

Street Fighting Man
Rob and Andrew talk about the end of Street Fighter IV at the Capcom Cup and the enduring greatness of Daigo. Then they chat about the new Team Liquid Dota 2 team's success at The Defense, and discuss Riot's major changes to the Korean League of Legends ecosystem.

League of Legends, Dota 2, Street Fighter IV

Crib Sheet

Capcom Cup Final Day

The Defense Grand Finals Game 3

Daigo doing something awesome while we ignore Kazunoko some more

OGN have concerns

A summary of Riot KR's thinking

Thanks for the breakdown of what's happening between Riot and these Korean organizations. While it is easy enough to find a summary of the most recent big matches that have happened, learning about some of the behind the scenes stuff is tricky. I hope you guys follow up with any big developments that happen from this conflict. Can't speak for anyone else, but I find this stuff really interesting.

I don't think I've found a topic that hasn't been interesting with your discussions. Maybe with the dwindling news of Esports Now it's time to go over the greatest hits of esports? Also maybe there's more room to talk about regional approaches to games and esports? I know it gets touched on enough but it still seems fascinating how different areas take on each other's meta. Like how even the AU/NZ scene for a game like Dota is different from the SEA, Na, etc scenes.

Maybe there's a better spot for these questions but what are some games you would like to see with a competitive scene or what do you think has the potential? Are there any smaller scenes that you two follow or do you know people passionate about smaller scenes?

Sign in to follow this