Udvarnoky

Full Throttle Remastered

That was quite a huge surprise, a really positive one indeed. Tim will be keeping himself superbusy with DoTT special edition, Full Throttle remastered, Psychonauts 2 etc.

Shame they didn't fix all the bugs still existing in Grim Fandango remastered, especially the PS Vita version.

I've seen only one picture of this Full Throttle project, the one from Maureen's garage. Is that the only pic so far? Would be amazing if they could dig up the content they had to cut originally from the game. I hope for the commentary track they get as many original team members in as possible. I'd like to hear Larry Ahern and Peter Chan say their memories about the game and it's development.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-05-full-throttle-remastered-coming-to-ps4-and-vita

Z1uOKNP.png

Article has been updated to mention PC. Also Spaff posted in Doublefine's blog.

With the smell of burning asphalt hanging staunchly in the air we’re proud to announce that we’ll be remastering Tim Schafer’s classic LucasArts adventure game Full Throttle!

Following speedily in the still-smoking-tyre-tracks of the Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle Remastered editions, Full Throttle Remastered will complete the trilogy of Tim’s games from LucasArts that we’ve been given the chance to restore. Just like those games, we will make a Remaster with the quality, care and attention to detail that can only come from involving the original creators.

Full Throttle Remastered will feature all new artwork, with high resolution backgrounds and animation, with each frame being repainted by hand. We’ll be aiming to restore the sound and music to a higher quality, and we’ll also fill the game with special features like concept artwork, commentary tracks and as many other things as we can think of!

Full Throttle Remastered will be coming to PC & PlayStation platforms in 2017!

That's just fan art. Not from the Double Fine remaster. I bet Ben will be in here in a moment to explain how that image is rubbish.

That image is rubbish. The lighting is all wrong, there's just one 60Watt light bulb, yet the reflection ...

wait a minute, I'm not Ben.

I think we can all see how that image is rubbish. It's pretty infuriating that Eurogamer have posted it as if it's official.

Having never played the original,I can't see how that image is rubbish!

The image is rubbish because you can actually tell that there's a hose in the background that you have to pick up. If it's that easy to tell what you need to interact with then that just takes all the skill out of the game. 

Hahaha, alright. I did think it was a bit weird that just Eurogamer had that picture listed in their article and not anyone else.

They still haven't removed it.

I mentioned it in the comments, but I couldn't be bothered to tweet them. I wonder if they asked the artist for permission.

Full Throttle Remastered will feature all new artwork, with high resolution backgrounds and animation, with each frame being repainted by hand. We’ll be aiming to restore the sound and music to a higher quality, and we’ll also fill the game with special features like concept artwork, commentary tracks and as many other things as we can think of!

Oh man, I can hardly wait!

I'm just wondering how well they'll pull off the 3D renders and integrating them with the new high res 2D animation. That's a very monumental undertaking in my opinion if they are going to try to recreate the thing shot for shot. There's a lot of leeway when meshing those two together when the resolution is only 240 pixels tall.

We're a lot better at 3D animation than when the game was made; they might try and unify the art styles, and have the 3D renders look like they were hand-drawn.

I guess I mean, the 2D animation is just tracing over and adding details, however I'm sure it was drawn on top of 3D renders. With that in mind, now they are going to have to work backwards to fit in better models in the same positions with the same animation as before without breaking everything. However it's possible they have the scenes and will just use all of the original 3D models and render them out higher res. I'm sure the original 3D models look kind of dumb now though, so I would guess they are remodeling the bikes and cars.

If they pull it off, I'll be even more thrilled.

I imagine remodelling the bikes and cars would be a hell of a lot quicker these days. 3D modelling tools are a hell of a lot better than they were 20 years ago.

Goddammit, someone just bumped the DF forum thread about that fan art AGAIN, saying how they doubt the remaster will even manage to look that good.

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM, DOUBLE FINE!