Sign in to follow this  
BigJKO

[Release] Shitty Wizard Comic

EDIT:

9N1tiys.png

It's finished! Well.. not really. It's short and ends on a cliffhanger. I probably spent most of the jam time fixing bugs and workflow issues in cwine and only spent two evenings on the actual comic. BUT! I'm pretty happy with a couple of pictures in here, especially the last cliffhanger picture. And it has a wizard, a puffin and two Idle Thumb Members in it. So check it out!

7lIAVbA.png

Old first post:

So, I'm going to make run for it and try and complete a simple interactive comic using my barely functioning cwine comic editor!

Here's the first panel. Now I have 9 days to finish the rest of the panels! :tup:

a2lhfpq.png

It starts with a shitty wizard, at least. Don't know about the rest of the story.

Very dramatic! I super dig the style as well.

I'm guessing that rune script's drawn and not supported in cwine itself ;)

Alright, here's the first actual main character, because that shitty wizard is not the main character I have decided.

WCQlGUe.jpg

It's Mr. Puffin.

This is a lot of fun, but I'm way behind now. Only on panel 7! At this rate I'll never get to the part with Mr. Puffin! :tdown:

hj8SvZD.jpg 821X5wi.jpg

Thaaaanks! :tup:

I'm super happy with how this last minute cliffhanger panel turned out, given that it was 3am on deadline night and I was super tired! At least it ended on a big, cool panel!

DNT88WC.png

I loved it, Jon! It's easy to, because of the great art there. The Puffin character works wonders. I was hoping there'd be some branching (beyond the click-puzzle to solve the mystery),

I mean, at one point there are two balloons to click on, but both end  up with the shitty wizard stealing the J. Allard painting.

Yeah, I had a bunch of little branching planned but no time to do them! :tdown:

Hopefully I can do a The Shitty Wizard #2 later, with some cwine engine improvements to help me out! :tup:

Btw, check out Ben's cwine game where he makes amazing amounts of branching and stuff!

Yeah, loved that last panel. As I said in my itchio comment, this is gorgeous, cute and funny. Glad I played it a second time - I almost missed the candle and puddle!

Can't wait for the sequel!

The forever clicking candle loop was very adventure game-esque. Good job! Also art is superb. Can't wait for #2.