Sign in to follow this  
Rob Zacny

Esports Today 12/1/2015: Dream a Little DreamHack

Esports Today December 2, 2015:

818__header.jpg

Dream a Little DreamHack
Rob and Andrew sit down with Rod "Slasher" Breslau to discuss how Luminosity came out of nowhere and nearly won DreamHack CSGO, and the current state of Counter-Strike. Then, Rob and Andrew chat about Legacy of the Void's terrific DreamHack debut. Plus, some good listener questions.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, StarCraft 2

Opening Segment: CSGO

29:00 - StarCraft

44:55 - Listener Questions

Crib Sheet

Haha Yeah, we're officially in the Dry Times of the esports calendar. We didn't think there was anything to make you all aware of, but we retroactively realized the Capcom Cup is on Dec 6. So watch that!

Nation Wars III started earlier today for StarCraft 2! Unfortunately being in Australia and it being a European-based tournament, that means that matches happen live essentially during the exact hours that I sleep. Oh well! Keen to see how Australia performs in it =)

Going back to that Dota 2 major I was feeling that lack of informative commentary on the analysis desk. I mean, I'm all right with weird occasionally flat footed banter as much as the next Australasian. But it seemed like if there was any moment that people were getting too in depth in breaking down the action someone would switch the topic back to RedEye + Maelk bantz, or Capitalist + ?? Bantz, or "Your prediction was wrong and you should feel embarrassed" bantz, and it usually took over any other topics until it was time to hand off to the casters. 

So many bantz I just felt worn out by it all.

The guys on the Dreamhack desk for SCII gave me the same feeling but I forget any details. Keep it light, sure but don't make it all about 1UPing each other..

But hey I got to actually see those tournaments live for once! At 3am+  :wacko: Still, I saw some fun esportz  :)

Sign in to follow this