Ahr Ech

[RELEASE] Happy Happy Krampusnacht

This is a game that feels way too polished for a game jam. Love the art. Love the sounds. Good job.

Thanks guys!

-"Very satisfying feeling to beat the children!" (Back of the box quote)

Spoken like a true Krampus.

This is a game that feels way too polished for a game jam. Love the art. Love the sounds. Good job.

That's the great thing about Construct 2! You can knock out  basic platformer movement and collision with its built in behavior library in a matter of minutes. Granted, you have to do a lot of tweaking to get it actually feeling good, but it still frees up a lot of time for everything else. Almost half the work I put in was polish!

Pretty amazing! Really tight controls. Also really impressed with the AI; I think your dev log mentioned it was triggers telling the kids when to jump or fall through a platform? In any case it was great because I was chasing those little bastards around for 10-15 seconds a couple of times.

This is fantastic, well done! The presentation is great - it looks and sounds gorgeous and all fits really well together. It's also very funny - chasing kids round to that percussion, furiously thrashing your stick. I also lolled when I first found a hiding kid. It's pretty tough (the kids are so fast!) but I finally managed to get a high score of 255.

I noticed the game reverts from windowed to fullscreen at the end of a round. I don't mind too much, but it might be nice to fix it. Do you still plan to add rock throwing?

Oh yeah, and I like it a lot. It's great.

Man, I totally missed that, thanks! And yeah, if I have time over the weekend I'd definitely like to get the rock throwing working. And maybe even something to ramp up difficulty over time, but I don't know how I want to go about that yet.

I finally went and watched those "Jupi Plays" videos of the Wizard Jam games. At the end she mentions this site where she will write about a few of the games, so I went there and blammo!