Sign in to follow this  
Spenny

[Release] Shtone Hemge

Spenny, will there be commentary on the great Pyramids are for storing grain debate or will you be censoring donald trump?

Spenny, will there be commentary on the great Pyramids are for storing grain debate or will you be censoring donald trump?

Hundreds of years before the dawn of history

Lived a strange race of people... the Druids

No one knows who they were or what they were doing
But their legacy remains
Hewn into the living rock... Of Stonehenge

I could use help deciding who to include in my pantheon of pagan gods. It could even be you dibs!

And verily they strived to build the Sacred Stairs, upon which D*bs (Praise Unto Him) would model his sweetest cardigan.

75048_10151335964551732_1788757373_n.jpg

I'm still open to suggestions for gods for my pantheon. Dibs is lonely.

There's a few things I could use a helping hand with if there are people willing to contribute. I could use:

A visual/lighting designer. I will be going for a low poly look and could use some help with lighting to make it look good.

A logo. Shtone Hemge written in a cool font or something.

Music. If there's a composer around custom music would be pretty rad.

UI design. My stuff is good enough, but it could be better.

If you want to contribute to Shtone Hemge hit me up on here or on slack.

Do the druids chant low and slow?

No, not yet, but that is their preferred rib cooking method.

I'm still open to suggestions for gods for my pantheon. Dibs is lonely.

If you wanted a bit of overlap, you could include the Cailleach Bheur, who is kind of a pagan goddess and (hopefully) the protagonist of my game!

If you wanted a bit of overlap, you could include the Cailleach Bheur, who is kind of a pagan goddess and (hopefully) the protagonist of my game!

Yes yes, do you have an illustration you're willing to share?

Edit: We did hot collabs via slack.

The druids are getting better at engineering, but it's a metaphorical uphill battle.

O620FO2.gif

Yes yes, do you have an illustration you're willing to share?

Edit: We did hot collabs via slack.

Sent via Slack!

The low detail art on the druids/rocks came out really well, and the pantheon art and god picks are top notch. The two art styles feel pretty disparate, but seperately they were both well done, and I'm not sure what I would done to solve that since I think both serve distinct purposes. I'm impressed with how many varieties of building mechanics you managed to get in. The last one in particular was a good goof. I did hit some weird physics glitches like a rock getting stuck at the top of a ramp (I think it was in 5?) but aside from that they mostly added to the fun. Nice job! This is a fun idea that I think has a lot of room to grow if you wanted to.

Just played through ten levels and had a good time. I really liked each of the challenges you came up with, as each one was pretty different from the last. I did laugh out loud a couple of times, first at seeing some of the gods, and a couple of times at the crazy physics going on -- normally intentional as far as I could tell. Lots of fun and impressive for a jam game! I agree that you could extend this further if you wanted. Lots of fun and a very cool set of mechanics.

I'm impressed!

Very good fun! I found it pretty tough, especially the bungee ones, but managed to get 79.6. And I also got stuck at the top of a ramp every time (round 3?). I figured it was some sort of puzzle but couldn't figure it out! Also those god pics are great.

Very good fun! I found it pretty tough, especially the bungee ones, but managed to get 79.6. And I also got stuck at the top of a ramp every time (round 3?). I figured it was some sort of puzzle but couldn't figure it out! Also those god pics are great.

Yeah this was entirely intentional, but I can understand how it came off as buggy and not deliberate.

I plan on recording a video of myself talking through the game, a back handed way of doing the Designer Notes diversifier.