Sign in to follow this  
Grumbleputty

[Dev Log and Call for Ideas] A Krampus Karol

Hi everyone! I'm diving into this one with a Sleigh-driving sim where you send Krampus all around a suburban neighborhood picking up kids who have been naughty. I'll be building it in Unity, using the code from a hovercraft racing game I started a few years ago as a foundation.

My thought is that as you're playing the game, you'll get assignments to pick up different children who've been naughty- you'll then need to go to their address and send your Kramplings in to get them. Along the way you'll battle something trying to stop you (I'm hoping to figure that out somewhere along the way)

For one of my diversifiers, I'm asking you all for some suggestions of good sins that could come up on the assignments. They could be strange, funny, political, whatever- I'm imagining a card will come up on the screen with the target child's name, an address and a list of their offenses.

To start off, here's a few I had come up with, which I'm confident you all can top:

Broccoli refusal

inadequate rap battle skills

reposting bullshit on Facebook

aggressive loitering

giving live goldfish as presents

not challenging the dominant paradigm

starting every sentence with "I saw this TED talk once, and..."

Hailing Hydra

That should give you a sense of the tone I'm going for, but take it wherever you want.

Thinking Twilight is a better vampire tale compared to "that stupid Dracula"

Liking Jar Jar Binks

Twerking

Leaving the concept of milk and the thought of cookies for Santa

Blew the whistle on the NSA.

Witheld robot news.

Asked Jimmy Fallon to tell another joke.

Mentioned Far Cry 2.

A progress report so far:

I've managed to get a lot done, although as I said at the beginning I had a head-start with a bunch of code I was able to reuse. Right now I have a placeholder Krampus sleigh flying around a snowy scene, shooting in place (with nothing to shoot), and the ability to land on a spot and deploy some Kramplings, who head into the house nearby to grab the naughty kid therein.

cropped_krampus_by_grumbleputty-d9il39w.

Next will be having the Kramplings emerge with the naughty kid, detailing Krampus' sleigh and a gazillion or so other things.

A few more sins- I'm planning on using everything submitted in this thread so far, and whatever comes next

-Liking the Shins, then hating the Shins after everybody else started liking the Shins

-claiming food allergies just to get attention

-Aggrevated Brietbarting

-Ironic facial hair

-entering A.S.S. on the High-Score screen (old-timers will get this one)

-being insufferably twee

Dammit- don't think I made the deadline!

Sigh- my game is up on Itch.io, but not listed under the Winter Wizard Jam submissions. Not sure what I did wrong. I'm going to bed.

Dammit- don't think I made the deadline!

Sigh- my game is up on Itch.io, but not listed under the Winter Wizard Jam submissions. Not sure what I did wrong. I'm going to bed.

I PMed you a link that will let you submit to the jam page.

This looks fun! Any chance of a download? Chrome doesn't support Unity Player...

Very funny. The krumplings are super creepy. I thought the children swearing sound was pretty funny.