Gormongous

Holy (Hell)Diver - Now Coming to PC!

I can't decide if I want the Deluxe or not.  I don't mind paying $40 if all the toys are worth using, I'm more worried about dropping that much money on a game I fear will only get played a few times because I can't get a group together.

theres currently no way to upgrade if you only get the 20$ apparently, so you might have to make peace with the fact that that could be the cheapest way of getting all the DLC

I was hopeful whatever this "early weekend" thing was would unlock at midnight, but no dice.

The word from the devs is that it'll be late morning PST. I'm... totally not setting an alarm.

theres currently no way to upgrade if you only get the 20$ apparently, so you might have to make peace with the fact that that could be the cheapest way of getting all the DLC

Well shoot.  I guess I'll get the $40 version and just hope I can get more than one use out of it.

Speaking of which, anyone want to try getting together this weekend?  Maybe I should make a multiplayer thread...

Edit: Nevermind, I'll just use this one

I was curious to know if this would have cross-platform play, and found this:

By playing Helldivers, every player (both PC and PlayStation players) in the world participates in the same global meta campaign called the Galactic Campaign.

which makes it sound like it would, but then:

There is no cross-play between PC and PlayStation.

Which is unfortunate. I'd love to have an even larger playerbase.

I just grabbed the deluxe edition.  Now I want to go home and download it.  I don't think my boss would like me skipping the second half of the day to go home and play video games though.

I don't think my boss would like me skipping the second half of the day to go home and play video games though.

Yes, and?

So I went through this exercise when the Sony releases came out - it was completely cross play for sony devices. If you had a PS4, PS3, or a Vita for some reason you could play with everyone. I imagine they didn't start it that way from the ground up, and they might never be able to catch up.

Man such a hilarious chain of fuckups at the end there

I get out a stun grenade

step on my own mine

grenade goes off at my feet stunning everyone

everyone else gets rushed by giant bugs while dizzy

we lose :(

fun game

Man such a hilarious chain of fuckups at the end there

I get out a stun grenade

step on my own mine

grenade goes off at my feet stunning everyone

everyone else gets rushed by giant bugs while dizzy

we lose :(

fun game

Yeah, it's a great game that doesn't have you caring about failure because the chain of events that led to it feels so ridiculous.

I'm liking the Steam controller for this game.  The left pad actually works pretty well for the strategems with the right setting.  Aiming with the right pad is still a bit of a challenge but I'm getting there.  Mapping melee and dive to the paddles means I can keep my thumb on the pad more too.

So far, so good! The ramp at the bottom is a little on the slower side than I anticipated, but I still know what's in store at the top levels.

I successfully invaded SAM's game! We didn't hilariously shoot each other TOO much. The shotgun scared me at first, but it seems like it's pretty strong early.

Are you guys all playing on PC now? I saw something on Steam this morning that said "preorder and play now" so... isn't that just pretty much buying the game?

Yep, just bought it yesterday evening, and was able to download and play it immediately.

Are you guys all playing on PC now? I saw something on Steam this morning that said "preorder and play now" so... isn't that just pretty much buying the game?

I think the intent is to build buzz and momentum before the actual release. I hope it's working, because it doesn't seem like they have any other advertising going on...

Man, I love the mech.  It's really good at providing moving cover since you don't slow down while aiming.  I'm bummed right now because I was playing with a really solid group and I suddenly lost connection to Steam.

im a pretty salty seadog that I wont get a chance to play it for a week. You guys better not all be bored with it by then

Cant wait to get the exo suit. and it looks like theres multiple types too

Just in case noone else noticed, you can actually carry multiples of one strategem and they all operate on seperate uses/cooldowns

I plan to take 4 exo suits and drop one in for everyone in the spirit of the holiday season

merry mex-mas everbody

*stompy stomp*

I will die happy if I can just play one game without being killed by turret or mech. Ninety percent of total party kills so far have been a poorly placed turret mowing down the entire team!