Sign in to follow this  
Jov

Live Idle Thumbs show? 250 is coming up.. *cough*

Whaaaat another new thread? What is happening here? Who is this Jov guy? Who does he think he is? Huff puff!

So I live in San Francisco now and I like the Idle Thumbs guys and I want to sit and watch them talk into microphones. Have they done this before? Is this conceivable?

They've done panels at game conventions before. I don't think they've arranged any live in-person events of their own (i.e. not part of a larger thing) yet, though.

At PAX we had 20+ people wandering around Seattle trying to find a place that would seat us all, so I know there's definitely interest out there.

I still feel real dumb that I didn't see the Live from Quakecon panel, since I live in Dallas.

I overslept that morning and wrote it off, figuring it'd be busy, and between that and trying to get there on time, I was probably better off just watching the stream.  Then the stream started and I realized immediately I should have just gone.

A live episode is something we've talked about forever but haven't had the time to properly figure out. It's on the list of things I hope we can do when Firewatch is done. Doing 250 live would be crazy but might make sense, as that's GDC week (probably). That might also make it impossibly insane to consider.

A live episode is something we've talked about forever but haven't had the time to properly figure out. It's on the list of things I hope we can do when Firewatch is done. Doing 250 live would be crazy but might make sense, as that's GDC week (probably). That might also make it impossibly insane to consider.

If you want to give it a test drive I'd be happy to swing by the studio and sit in a corner for a cast.

It appeals how by sheer chance you've managed to line up the anniversary episodes during GDC week.

I will be in town again for GDC and would happily help make this a reality if you need extra hands.