bvbpl

Paradox buys White Wolf

Did you dress up in black on Friday nights and pretend to be a vampire? If so, you might remember a gaming company called White Wolf, it made atmospheric table top RPGs. A few years back it was bought by CCP, the owner if the spreadsheet what walks like an MMO,Eve Online.

Now I get news that the WW properties have been sold to Paradox. Wow.

Having just recieved initial fulfillment on my Exalted kickstarter, I hope that Paradox takes a long, close look at WW licensees to see if they are properly servicing the fans.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/29/paradox-white-wolf/

Woah! This is awesome! Bloodlines was the coolest, so glad to hear that Paradox has plans for "multiple digital games titles." They sound like they're taking this very seriously!

I'd love to see some new games about properties other than just Vampire, too. I've always wanted to play tabletop Geist, and the one time I played Exalted it was a ton of fun.

It's really hard for me to get excited about Paradox acquisitions, after how the completely mangled everything about Majesty when they bought it.  But I'd also love to see something interesting come from those properties, so at least someone will be working on them.

I hope something cool happens.

I sure did dress in black and pretend to be a vampire in the 90s. 

I've also been getting down with the Kickstartery editions. I went for Vampire, Mage and Wraith, because those were my jams!

edit: Also, it's worth mentioning that Paradox has a relationship with Obsidian, and if anyone could do a World of Darkness game right, it's them.

There's a lot of good games that could be made, besides sequels to Bloodlines. 

There need to be some games exploring White Wolf's spirit world.