Spenny

Winter Wizard Jam Team Building Thread

Hi, I am a programmer looking for something to do on nights and weekends.

I know Java, Objective-C, C#, C, C++,python, javascript,css,html, and a little bit of a bunch of other stuff. I haven't used Unity of game maker but I can learn fast.

I do work full time as a programmer so that is a limitation on time but I'm available most nights and weekends. Skype or Discord are my best ways of communication but phone is fine. I do live in silicon valley for if that is a consideration for time organization or if you want to meet in person.

PM me if you want me on your team.

Hello,

I'd love to join a team for Winter Wizard Jam.

I have game-making experience as an engineer using Unity, Java (libGDX), and Haxe, but be up for learning something new or dusting off something old.

I am in Pacific Time (San Francisco) and am mostly available in the evenings. I can be contacted on here via pms, or on Skype as justinanthonyhamilton.

Thanks!

Looking to join a team but I can really only do design.

The only games I have shipped are card games but I have been studying video game design for a while and I am willing to learn basic programming if some one is willing to teach.

Best way to contact me is probably Email so PM me here for that. Also I just started using Slack so if you want to join my slack team we can communicate that way too.

First! Post by me. 

I'm a longtime musician and game player who is interested in contributing. I have done music for a few games, most of which are still in development, and have the chops and experience to put things together. My skills are with electronic dance, IDM and ambient - think Boards of Canada, Four Tet (both his dancey recent stuff and older downtempo material), Oneohtrix Point Never, that kind of thing. My main soundcloud page is http://www.soundcloud.com/metal-tiger/, also see https://soundcloud.com/soluneband. I'm also available for writing and have experience in QA (currently work in music QA with a bunch of ex Harmonix employees).

I'm going to be around intensively starting November 30th - I do have a day job, but my nights and weekends are mostly free (EST). Love projects, want to work on em.

Looking to join a team.

Easiest to contact me via twitter (@dualhammers)
I don't really care about the type of game, but I would like to do something unique and surprising.

I can do a bit of everything, but i'd say I'm best as a 3D artist and animator. (intermediate level)

Hey!

I have fairly limited free time and absolutely no experience with game making. With that out of the way, I'm pretty good at pretty much any programming language you can throw my way and I think I learn relatively quickly. My strong points are Python and C (not C++, not C#, none of this fancy stuff), but programming is programming. I would love to join someone else's project!

My twitter handle is the same as my username. I'm on GMT and spend a fair amount of time at the Idle Thumbs Readers Slack channel, so it's easy to find me there.

I made a not so subtle edit to the first post:

​This thread only works if you are willing to reach out and ask someone else to join your team! Before you make your own post, make sure you read the others!

A little late to the conversation but still, if I could be of help to any teams I am happy to do so!

I am a game design student in the UK currently on placement within a 3D artist capacity and with a reasonable amount of time on my hands :)

My abilities are in 2D and 3D art. I have a small portfolio of my previous work for school should anyone be interested.

I've participated in several game jams within my university before as well as developed a few small demo games as part of my course. I am looking to branch out and do more outside of school. 

Good luck all!

I am looking to join the WWJ! skills include: suplex, ultraplex, punguin sidekick in spandex, Ultralight weight title belt won by sidekick for 12 minutes.

I can see I'm a bit late to the party, but I suspect I won't be the only one. I have Unity (8 prototypes sitting on the cuttingroom table deciding if they should sepuku into the trash), general coding (Python, C#, PHP....), and exposure to design (Illustrator, Blender).

If anyone is still looking for a coder to lift that crazy burden feel free to email me.

Alternatively if anyone is still looking for a last minute group, email as as well, and we'll get a Late Edition going (hmm that might be a last express alike idea in that title...)

[email protected]

I'm making a game for WWJ based on the quote, "Did you ever wish you could rewind time?"

I'm making a game for WWJ based on the quote, "Did you ever wish you could rewind time?"

Where was, I? Oh yeah, I'm making a game for WWJ based on the quote, "Did you ever wish you could rewind time?"

I'm working in Unity with C#, and have experience programming in Java [spring, springMVC, spring boot], C#, Javascript [current browser / node, ES6, coffeescript, typescript], Lua, Python, SQL [mysql, t-sql, postgres], and some languages that I don't like to mention because people make funny faces (Scala, Lisp, C++, C, D). I have been writing games sporadically for a while now, and have been working on websites, tools and programs professionally for about as long.

We would love some help doing level design, preferably from someone who has opinions about whether or not they would like to be able to rewind time. Elektrikwizard is making the music, and I am confident about the engineering aspects, but any help would be appreciated. The game is a puzzle-platformer with time travel mechanics and has initial influences from Braid (mechanically, not thematically) and Unfair Traps.

If anyone is interested, please PM me, and let me know if you ever wished you could rewind time -- also, let me know what you're interested in helping with.

I am looking to recruit artists/musicians.

I am making Dishonored Thanksgiving, a missile-command type game in which you fend off Halloween and Christmas to regain your rightful place in the calendar.

I'm looking for anyone who would like to help on:

-making sprites ---> lots of festive things, turkeys, santas, jack-o-lanterns. All that good stuff

-making backgrounds ---> basically a single game board and a menu or two if there's time. I have zero artistic skill, so this one might be the most challenging.

-voice work --> I think it would be cool to have a few small bits in the game, maybe along the lines of a DOTA announcer for particularly good plays.

-music --> I'm looking for "thanksgiving music". I'm not sure what that is, but if you know, give me a PM!

I don't have TOO much time to devote to this, but I do have evenings and at least one day on the weekend, and I have very quick turnaround for email. Usually.

Thanks!