Sign in to follow this  
Fernus

Creativity

So, I listened to the podcast about the giant print of someone's art here on the forum. What are other people in the community making right now? It can be anything as long as you are making or made it yourself

I made this game last night. I like it.

theFair.PNG

Arrow-keys to move, 'Space' is the action-button

Windows (and WINE) only; sorry.

Also I'm making an art gallery in Unity. Simbiotiq is helping with textures and models. I made the fish swim yesterday (not in current build).

More!

How big are these things? There isnt really anything for scale but they look big

I like the second image a lot. I like that it feels narratively transcendental without being too specific.

The only thing with Plugging One's Shit is that it doesn't seem to cover just the general work people do that doesn't have any public coverage - I post up my art a lot on Twitter and I don't post it here because it's not linked in any specific way. It's just drawings. 

I like the second image a lot. I like that it feels narratively transcendental without being too specific.

Transcendent is a pretty good word.  There is specific content but I've abstracted it out quite a bit.

The only thing with Plugging One's Shit is that it doesn't seem to cover just the general work people do that doesn't have any public coverage - I post up my art a lot on Twitter and I don't post it here because it's not linked in any specific way. It's just drawings. 

Yea I always had the impression that the thread was promoting things out there for consumption.  I mean I guess I could link my instagram account but I'm not exactly showing or anything in galleries, working on undergrad degree still.

Yea I always had the impression that the thread was promoting things out there for consumption.  I mean I guess I could link my instagram account but I'm not exactly showing or anything in galleries, working on undergrad degree still.

Yeah, I kinda just made this thread to see what everyone else was up to, Plug your shit seems to be a bit too corporate I guess? not sure that is the right word, but some high schooler can post to a short story they are writing here for fun if they want to. At least, thats what I hope happens with this thread.

Reviving this thread because I've decided to do #draw365 this year and it's been going great. 

I will be posting my art here every day or every other day, I think.

CYkqi8HWwAACiRy.png

This one was my first attempt at really, really painting from a reference. 

CY9VeY0WcAEyZIc.png

CY9bPUNWcAAb3n_.png

After 17 days of this, I can already see improvement. It's seriously a great project. 

Yesterday I was eager to distract myself, so I made this picture.

I wonder if it's obvious how I got to this result, or if I managed to obfuscate the source.

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with it, because basically I just fiddled about until it was done. The signature took half the time to make.

post-33822-0-68424800-1453133038_thumb.jpg

apple cider, those are cool! are those physical paintings/drawings or are you working digitally? i've been considering something like that, because i've wanted to get better at using my surface pro as an art tool. 

Apple Cider, those are great! 

Other than writing now and again, I am not the creative one in my house.  The lady sure as hell is though.  I had never heard of the art of paper quilling until she got into it this winter.  She made a huge piece to give to our daughter for Christmas. I built the sturdy as hell shipping crate to get it there in one piece. 

post-33601-0-45034600-1453136287_thumb.jpg

post-33601-0-52565200-1453136295_thumb.jpg

post-33601-0-85223100-1453136371_thumb.jpg

I should really do @Apple Cider's 365 day challenge. Maybe my art would get anywhere.

Meanwhile, here's some fan art sketch that I drew a few months ago. It's for a little game due to come out in February. Meant to be transformed into full fledged art, but... well, that never happened. :mellow:

694d18d66b4a5af256ee7b268f90e885_firewha

Whoa Vainamoinen it took a while for me to see that the tones are actually super precise hatching! I can't get my strokes that close together or fine when I try stuff like that. It looks practically like a tone cutout.

I've been drawing on and off since failing 2015's Inktober, since I'm trying to get myself to be quicker without losing my patience (two problems I noticed I had while trying to hit the deadline each day). It doesn't help that ink is the ultimate "fuck up once and you die" medium to me. I'm relatively new to drawing people, so not pictured in each one of these is the spider's web of construction lines I needed to slowly eke out something that looks vaguely human. There are elements of anatomy that I'm not fully practiced with, like the hands and wrist area, or the bone/muscle structure around the elbow and forearm.

4ufIQRH.jpg

6lr3Q4N.jpg

cg4gic6.jpg

I also spent too many dollars on a used cintiq companion from ebay after selling my old intuos4, hoping that it would get me to draw more (it didn't, but that's just a function of me being bad). I'm starting to think digital drawing only makes me more fastidious when it comes to anatomy but not much actually better at drawing it, since I can go back to erase and fiddle with committed lines rather than drawing them over. I love it for painting though!

WPIBVLk.png

kV8rIYA.png

eczXdIy.png

I've also been trying regularly to do anatomy studies from quickposes.com. There's lots and lots of references (though they're mostly of buff guys and girls) of people in lots of different poses, and it even enforces a time limit for each one. I super recommend it! I'm really stingy and slow when I draw, so hopefully this'll help me be more confident and accurate:

vWpvAmF.png

I'm glad this thread exists and I hope to post here semi-regularly to get me just motivated enough to practice, but not feel pressured enough to stop. Happy drawing!