Sign in to follow this  
namman siggins

Far Cry PRIMAL

Annoucement getting streamed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQmt-60nUY

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/5/9454921/ubisoft-livestream-announcement

The stream began at 12 p.m. ET today and features what at first appeared to be a static image of a cave painting softly lit by a flickering flame. Ubisoft tweeted out the video with the tagline "Survival is timeless" as a hint to what the announcement could be.

Those who continue to watch, however, will notice that the image has in fact been evolving since the start of the stream. Additional drawings have been added to the cave wall, so that the spear-wielding caveman is now joined by prehistoric-looking archers.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/5/9456283/far-cry-primal-ubisoft

proxy.jpg?t=HBiFAWh0dHA6Ly9pbS56aWZmZGF2

Oh fuuuuck they're stealing my idea of someone travelling forward in time always having to level up from the previous era's weaponry. If they have a level set in a medieval castle and then a later one set in the same castle but hundreds of years later and now a tourist attraction I am going to shit.

I can't wait to hear how the white dudebro protagonist bumbles his way into this one!

I can't wait to hear how the white dudebro protagonist bumbles his way into this one!

I thought this exactly.

Time traveling or OR the only white motherfucka in a landscape of brown peoples. I call it the Elysium Effect. Why Elysium? It's the only white dude in town saving all the brown people

Two questions:

1. What will the towers be in this game?

2. What flavour of racist overtones will be in this game?

Two questions:

1. What will the towers be in this game?

Oh fuck imagine if towers are brachiosaururs and they are MOBILE TOWERS.

Oh wow that would be amazing.

This will actually be a big change for me. My strategy in FC3 and 4 was to snipe everything. I assume I won't be able to do that anymore. Racism in the ice age would be impressive since race probably hadn't been socially constructed yet.

What flavour of racist overtones will be in this game?

If I have to put my money on anything, it's on there being different tribes that conform to different racial stereotypes, like dark-skinned cavemen with facepaint and proto-voodoo, and maybe the default tribe just being vanilla movie cavemen. But who knows, Far Cry always manages to surprise, somehow!

sure is a lot of cynicism in this thread

how cool you guys are cool

This seems like the most attractive Far Cry to me since Blood Dragon, which is the only Far Cry I've played to this day. A+++ Ubisoft, will buy and play.

sure is a lot of cynicism in this thread

how cool you guys are cool

This seems like the most attractive Far Cry to me since Blood Dragon, which is the only Far Cry I've played to this day. A+++ Ubisoft, will buy and play.

That might be a decent point if it weren't for the fact that almost everything Ubisoft has done in the past few years has more than earned them constant cynical scrutiny.

Personally, I think the towers will be giant redwood trees.

The Cro-Magnons are probably real bad to the Neanderthals.

Blood Dragon was way too cool for me. Of course I'm old enough remember the 80s so that's pretty uncool right there.

That might be a decent point if it weren't for the fact that almost everything Ubisoft has done in the past few years has more than earned them constant cynical scrutiny.

Personally, I think the towers will be giant redwood trees.

Maybe, but cynicism is boring and just brings me down all the time. I'd rather be hopeful any day of the week. Even if I expect the worse, I much prefer to talk about the potential best.

HOW IS THIS THREAD NOT TITLED "FAR CRY-MAL?!"

Missing out on that opportunity is Far Cry-minal.