graddy

Super Mario Maker

Honestly I think it's worthwhile being in on the ground floor of what people are learning they can make.

ANYWAY I have a fourth level. I'm still trying to keep the spirit of Super Mario Bros 3 whenever I make levels in its aesthetic.

E6E0-0000-00B7-EB31

Now that I've unlocked everything, I was able to realize an idea I had before making my first course:

58AD-0000-00B8-B9F1

This one has a definite gimmick, but I did try not to make it entirely bullshit.

I played a random level the other night that I thought had a really cool boss battle in it. It involved a supersized bowser standing on a pipe that could be hit either by throwing a shell onto the top of a music block or hitting a p switch to let a blocked bullet bill spew spinys at him.

If anyone wants to give it a try it's:

97fe-0000-0075-52bb

If you find the early jumps frustrating you can download it and open it in the editor to skip to the boss battle.

I ended up buying a pizza for dinner and thought "If I can afford a pizza, I can afford Mario Maker." So now I have pizza and Mario Maker. 

So far I haven't run out of ideas for levels. They're mostly centered on trying to be as actual-Mario-esque as possible. This time it's Scroll Stroll, a SMB3 themed level.

E367-0000-00B9-ABDB

My latest level is Super Thwomp Revolt, fleshing out a level I made before unlocking all the parts.

7F75-0000-00A4-C22C

This isn't for my levels.

Anyone know Iga? Of Castlevania fame? He makes levels in Mario Maker. And his experience as a game developer / designer shows so much. His first level was a remake of the first level from Castlevania. Later down the line he ended up making Legion in Mario Maker. Yes, Legion, the boss comprised of the souls of the damned. And it's GOOD and works. Here's the code for it (and subsequently how to find him):

B71C-0000-0088-A4E4

Not mine, but today I found a level by user "Smashmario," and then spent the whole rest of my morning playing through  more of his levels.

This one called something like "Twomp Jungle" has a great theme, and also a nice boss battle!

FE55-0000-00B1-9CA3.

Not mine, but today I found a level by user "Smashmario," and then spent the whole rest of my morning playing through  more of his levels.

This one called something like "Twomp Jungle" has a great theme, and also a nice boss battle!

FE55-0000-00B1-9CA3.

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.  Boss battle was particularly neat.

Oh man, free update coming November 4th includes checkpoints and power ups that are different depending on whether you're Super Mario!

I saw this on kotaku earlier today. The article mentioned this, which I'm pretty excited about:

"They’ll also be adding a section called “Official Makers” that will allow them to send out levels made by Nintendo designers among other VIPs."

I'm having trouble finding the new Halfway Point thing - anyone know where it's hiding?

My super difficult Dr Mario course is 'no longer online'. Do courses get removed after a certain period if nobody completes them? I'm going to put a halfway point in, and some more mushrooms to make it do-able.

I'm having trouble finding the new Halfway Point thing - anyone know where it's hiding?

My super difficult Dr Mario course is 'no longer online'. Do courses get removed after a certain period if nobody completes them? I'm going to put a halfway point in, and some more mushrooms to make it do-able.

You can shake the Arrow Sign to make a checkpoint, just tested it to make sure.

I also had a course become "no longer available online" for no apparent reason. It wasn't all that difficult, but it also hadn't gotten much play. 

Edit: typo

I uploaded my third course. It's a bit puzzly, I'm not sure if people will like it, but I had a blast making it. I call it "Night and Day Episode 1: Visitor"

475A-0000-00DF-DDD2

I took a break from Mario Making because my gamepad charger broke, but I finally uploaded a new course yesterday! I called it Broadsides, and it sort of attempts to recreate a battle between two airships.

Code: CA98-0000-00E1-5271. Lemme know what you guys think!

The online level browser is up. You can log in with your Nintendo ID and bookmark levels to put them into a play queue on the console. Here are my two best levels, for easy bookmarking:

Now that I don't have to type in 16 digit codes, I definitely want to fill up my play queue with Thumbs levels.

Hey guys, I too have been playing around with Super Mario Maker and I've made a Dark Souls-inspired level called The Catacombs:

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/766A-0000-016C-6D7F

Please take a look and let me know what you think! I've got a few others uploaded as well, but I like this one the best so far.

Beardo.

I play Super Mario Maker every day. It's not a game that I can ever put 10 hours in 1 day, but I play practically every night. 

Also Beardo, your level was pretty fun.