ewokskick

Dropsy is the world's first Point and Click Hugventure

You can just hug the guard in front of that gate and if you give the alien fan a coin, he'll give you an alien call, which you use in the cave and then feed him the crystals from the guy in front of the music store and give what you get to alien fan to befriend him.

To enter to final part of the mine you need to take the keycard from the Twinkie building at night or else the boss will be there, There might be a puzzle there that I couldn't solve but there is also the final page, which is another duplicate.

I guess I'm done until they fix that glitch?

I only found one coin (in the costume shop). Do you remember where you found the other coin?

I just played through this for a second time because it made such an impression and there were some side quests I wanted to do, and it is so very good.

So can anyone comment on whether this game is safe to play with a 6-year old (who isn't especially afraid of clowns)?  

So my six-year old and I finished Dropsy together last week and I thought I'd respond if anyone had the same question---

The nightmares in the game are the scary parts; you can play through the first few minutes of the game before showing your kid to see the scariest one and decide if it's safe.  If think you don't want your kid to see that kind of thing, you can avoid sleeping in the game and never see thenightmares.  (You will have to sleep a couple times but it's not unexpected when it happens so you can time it when your kid isn't in the room.)  Also there's a scary sequence right at the end; when you see posters advertising it you'll know it's coming.  My six-year-old was fine with all of these.

The heavier thing in this game is that it is in large part about coping with the death of a loved one.  Many many puzzles are about helping people grieve.  If you haven't had the serious talk about death with your kid yet, you might steer clear of this one.  On the other hand, my daughter found out about death over the summer when my father died and has been uncomfortable talking about it---whenever I tried to bring it up she would just say "I don't want to talk about that."  Playing through this game together gave us a chance for us to start those conversations in a safer way, and I think it's really helped her become more comfortable expressing her feelings.  I'm really grateful that we got to play it together.

Also, some ending stuff:

I don't see anyone having mentioned this--

In the villain's lair, did anyone notice that the newspaper article about the circus fire has pictures of everyone who died in it? It looks like I think everyone who had the 'thumbs-down-Dropsy' opinion at the start of the game wasn't scared of clowns but was mad that Dropsy killed someone they love.  I kind of feel terrible for making them hug me now.  

They are sad they lost someone in the fire, but Dropsy isn't the culprit of it he is a victim who lost a loved one just like them.

They are sad they lost someone in the fire, but Dropsy isn't the culprit of it he is a victim who lost a loved one just like them.

Is this made ever clear in the game? I never saw anything that indicated what caused the fire.

The cause of the fire is pretty explicitly the dropped cigar, which you'll notice his space brother, green haired tasty cake man has boxes of in both his office and his underground bedroom

Just finished. Kind of digesting the ending now. I was having a very hard time interpreting S-man's motivations, though the conversation here has helped some.

Also

for anyone who wants to help the cop, just give him the game cartridge the thief stole

I'll probably play through again when the DLC stuff comes out. I get the feeling I missed a bunch of little things.

Anyway, here is a great article on Dropsy from a queer perspective and the importance of art that redeems grossness.

https://richardgoodness.wordpress.com/2015/09/11/83-dropsy/

But what’s striking me about the game is that it’s not simply about Dropsy letting the world know that he’s okay–it’s about Dropsy finding the okayness in everyone else

Agh- um, i seem to have something in my eye excuse me.

YAY! I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKED IT! There is a lot of environmental story telling that takes place in the game that's subtle if you're not looking for it. I actually had an email exchange with Jay about the game a while back and he:

a. confirmed that s corp tasty cake man is your brother, and remembers more about the homeworld than you do, and wants to ascend to the throne alone. He needs all 3 spaceship cribs in order to power the obelisks to open the portal, but when he opens the portal back to your homeworld there's nothing there for him to rule, and in anguish and frustration shoots you.

b. there is a second tasty cake brother. He's not the vampire though. There was a filming of a vampire action movie near the mines that no one told the locals that it was just a movie thus spinning off this cult of vampire haters who thought this hero was freeing them from the vampires. When you pop out of tasty cake brother's bunker there's a photo on the ground of him and your other brother who have been adopted by a farmer man in that trailer.

The parallels to Superman are abundant, as a force for good in a world that will never quite accept you for who you are. (And by extension a lot of Jesus parallels of love and compassion and misunderstanding.)