Pearlmania

One Evening Games!

Proteus is an evening game. And FTL, though I've got about 45 hours logged on that thing. And I'm still rubbish, but quickly rubbish.

Edit. Ooo, and You Have To Win The Game. That's an excellent amuse-bouche.

Dropsy the Clown came out, and I finished it in 2 sittings. Probably 2 3 hour play sessions will get you through most if not all of the game, if anyone is still looking for these shorter experiences.

Not much new to add, and probably these have been mentioned

Gone Home

L'Abbaye Des Morts (freeware)

Deadlight (tho I personally thought it was mediocre)

World of Goo

Grow Home, already been recd but it's so good

Knytt Stories (freeware)

Risk of Rain

Super House of Dead Ninjas

VVVVVV

GROW HOME, holy fuck, I just spent seven hours straight playing this. Even though it seemed like a 2-3 hour game at first, when I completed the main mission.

Spirits of Xanadu takes less than 4 hours to get through. Made by the same folks who did good morning, commander and The King of the Wood. Takes place on a creepy spaceship and has some of the 80's future stuff of Alien: Isolation.

Just played Capsule which Chris mentioned on the cast at some point.

Took me <80 minutes to finish. A nice simple game with sweet abstract graphics. You pilot a capsule around, managing your air and fuel as you navigate to co-ordinates. Simple but tense, and paced well too. I think it's in the autumn sale right now too.

Her Story can be played through in one long-ish sitting of 4 hours or less.  Though I enjoyed playing half in one sitting, spending some time thinking about it, and then finishing it in another sitting.