Sign in to follow this  
jennegatron

Dota 2 - Summer 2016 Roster Shuffles

While never say never when it comes to potential roster changes, the possibility of Misery and w33 going back to Secret strikes me as extremely unlikely. It sounds like Puppey didn't like playing with w33, and Misery has something of a grudge vs Secret at this point. That being said, I could totally see a DC disband, and they all drift their separate ways to different teams.

I really really really hope DC stays together. They were a lot of fun to watch this year. ):

Well good news for you Twig, there was an interview with Saksa (in Russian Macedonian, so this statement is with the caveat that I'm going off of a summary of what he supposedly said) and he said they are sticking together.

Goddammit... Moo kicked for Moon. I don't like Moon one bit, and Moo was the best. This is like the worst possible news... the only other change that could possibly make me as irate would be like swapping Reso for Envy.

HOW YOU GONNA KICK MOO

and yeah moon sucks

):

I don't understand the drive for a team that is second in the world to switch up their roster.

Did anyone else miss rOtk this year? ): He's always been one of my favorite players.

Wow, big announcements today.

Fear and Zai off EG.

New Secret roster is MP, Forev, Midone, Pieliedie, and Puppey. I'm way into that!

Also hints that Alliance may be disbanding.

Just saw all of that.

Fear off EG is like, wow. I know it's not really His Team anymore and hasn't been for a while, but he's such a thing. Dang.

Lots of rumors that gg, the owners of eg, (and alliance) are being dissolved/rebranded thus a major overhaul of the EG roster.

GG got refolded into twitch's broader e-sports platform (or something like that). I think the changes to Alliance and EG are independent of that though, but who knows.

The former owner of GG was pretty involved with eg and [A].

I like that it'll be easier for everyone to cheer for Puppey.

Wowza. New EG is RTZ, Universe, Sumail, Zai, and Crit. Crit captaining, Fear as coach. PPD has transitioned to the business side of things, which is the real shocker. Seems kind of crazy since he's arguably the best captain in the West.

Yeah I am not a fan of PPD, but seems like wasted talent not having him in the game....

The wording of the official post implies that PPD chose to transition out of the player role, so maybe he just had enough of the stress associated with being captain of a world class professional team. Doesn't matter how much talent you theoretically have if you're too emotionally/mentally drained to make use of it.