Sign in to follow this  
jennegatron

Dota 2 - Summer 2016 Roster Shuffles

I feel with those colours if they dont do a walk out like the Purple Cobras from Dodgeball its a missed opportunity ;)

"What do you think of a famous fan art of Dota 2 girls – Lina, Crystal Maiden, Drow Ranger and Windrunner? Would you marry Crystal Maiden? *grins*"

What the fuuuuuuck. Also that picture with the "booth babes!" They don't do that at TI anymore do they? God I hope not. I really wish there could be a larger space for women in eSports.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3igo4m/how_did_anyone_miss_this/

I really wish people would not do things like this. It's the kind of thing that makes me happy I'm not deeper into the "scene" or "community" than I am.

Should there be a thread for women in professional gaming?

LGD's current lineup looks to me like they should still be a top tier team in upcoming tournaments.

New roster:

Sylar

Maybe

rOtk

ddc

MMY!

Those things are almost 100% overlapped.

To answer your question of "should" there be a thread about it, I think that ideally there shouldn't need to be!

To not be pie sky eyed, does our community need one? In my eyes, news is news regardless of gender. We've talked about Froskurinn and Maria Creveling in other threads.

Isn't the Reddit the largest Dota forum at this point? I mean, its not like people in game don't have bad attitudes and say horrible garbage in game.

The juvenile gamerbro community is the biggest reason I don't try to get other people to check out esports, even though I love Dota. It's a shame because with esports its a whole new field where the attitudes and competition could be more welcoming and inclusive than traditional sports, but it's the same toxic garbage anyway.

New team formed with Bigdaddy & Fly.  Moonmeander is from complexity. 

1- Miracle

2- Big Daddy N0tail

3- Moonmeander

4- Cr1t

5- Fly

team name - monkey business

i like that old team mates are coming back together, i think the 'play with people you like' trend is much better than forming a group going for top position

Moonmeander and Fly are both from complexity. Looking forward to seeing how Miracle performs in the pro scene.

right!, sorry, i was more pointing out that Fly & Bigdaddy were teammates from fnatic a year or two ago and are now reunited.  I think they under performed at ti4 - the focus wasnt great after all the whole Era drama

Has anyone watched any of the new teams that have emerged from the ashes of TI? Impressions?

Of the matches I've seen my thoughts are that the new German team 5 Jungz looks like they are really struggling. The new Cloud 9 team, and Digital Chaos both have potential, but need a lot of work. (monkey) business despite also having some serious flaws, seems like they have tremendous potential and I could see them going very far. I'm still not 100% sold on the Miracle hype, but he has been fun to watch for sure.

It honestly looks like all the European teams are a bit weaker.  I think they've all shown great potential though.  5Jungz, for example, has had mixed results, but they did win the alienware weekend tournament.  The Notail team looks like they might be pretty okay.  Alliance looks pretty bad still, to be honest.  I'm excited to see the new Secret.  I think Puppey and PLD are a very good support duo and EE is a good carry except when he tilts.  W33 and Misery on offlane are questions marks.

The NA teams look much improved to me.  DC and C9 are as good as the European teams, I think.  It's been a long time since NA dota had a team other than EG I felt could compete with top EU/CIS teams.  I think C9 and DC can.

I am still excited to see how all this will shake out. 

Yeah I agree about Europe looking weaker at the moment. Alliance are straight up awful, even worse since S4 joined. Not really sure what the story is there. NiP have looked good so far, but that might just be because their opponents have been bad. I would love to see them give some top tier teams a run for their money, but I don't know if they are at that level or not.

I think the big question for these NA teams is how they stack up against the better Chinese teams like LGD and VG. Should make the ESL One tournament in two and a half weeks really exciting to watch for that reason.

I love Aui_2000 and I jeered and taunted EG when they lost today, and I felt good. I'm petty and vengeful and I'm okay with that!.

Yeah, not going to lie, I got a real kick out of watching EG get stomped. PPD definitely set them up for failure in the 2nd game with that draft. Sumail Axe hahaha.

This has been a fun tournament to watch.

People complain about CDEC being a one trick pony, and I guess that's true, but it's a hell of a trick, and makes for really fun DOTA matches. Definitely looking forward to the match vs Secret tomorrow.

CDEC and IG have looked great.  Secret looked shake-y to me, but part of that was probably due to Fnatic.  It's clear that, A. EG still don't know how to beat brood mother and B. you actually have to play some games beforehand as a team if you want to do well at a LAN.  The teams that have played games since TI and have played this patch are winning and the others are losing.

I know I am the one that is the weird, unpopular opinion haver here. Ever since the Dota Today episode AUI has struck me as kind of a whiny, boring child, and nothing that's been said or done publicly since then has caused me to rethink my position.

I... have no idea why anyone would think that after listening to that episode. Legit, that makes no sense to me.

He didn't come across like that to me at all. It was that episode that made me start to follow him as a player....

I think that seems a bit harsh, but I can certainly understand it.  He's not naturally charismatic and not silly, but he seems pretty sincere and thinks deeply about the game.

Here's a cool article about the shuffle and professionalism

Like Clockwerk, the post-International roster shuffles came and went, and with Valve’s tight schedule for Majors, the drama was worse than ever. Never is the lack of professionalism between players, managers and organisations more apparent than this yearly social media disaster. There have been tweets made, speculations had, and many players have voiced their opinions.

The problem is not that players are giving their thoughts, or that new rosters are being shared- generally transparency in esports is to be encouraged. The problem is that there are no rules and no common practice for players, managers or organisations to channel their communication to the public. Whereas Kuroky posted his thoughts on a German forum, Zai turned to Liquiddota. Players such as EternalEnvy used ask.fm, while players such as Arteezy chose their streams to give commentary. All with no managerial filter, all with no moderation from the organisations these players represent. It is truly madness.

http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/496316-professionalism-in-dota-2-signs-of-the-times

It compares the standards set for player behaviour and casters and talks about EG, who are fine with (don't care one bit) how their players behave since the team's (org, not players) income is from sponsor exposure, not community goodwill.