Sign in to follow this  
jennegatron

Dota 2 - Summer 2016 Roster Shuffles

I don't actually know who w33haa is but I'm told he's a shithead pubstar who cheated in an in-house (with a prize pool) because "it doesn't matter". Fact or fiction? I don't know.

Also Singsing's on a team again. That means he'll probably stop streaming. Until his team loses again and he isn't on a team anymore. Again. Mad's also on the team. Along with Arise, who I don't think has ever been on any significant team, but he plays with Sing relatively frequently.

My understanding is that the tournament was just him and a bunch of his friends, and there was no money involved. Maybe not the best judgment call, but not really anything to care about either.

But I don't know, I am super bummed about this lineup. I was really hoping for the 8k MMR Jordanian pubstar Miracle to join the team. But this lineup seems like it is gonna be a train wreck.

My understanding is that the tournament was just him and a bunch of his friends, and there was no money involved. Maybe not the best judgment call, but not really anything to care about either.

But I don't know, I am super bummed about this lineup. I was really hoping for the 8k MMR Jordanian pubstar Miracle to join the team. But this lineup seems like it is gonna be a train wreck.

It was in FPL.  So there was money on it, but like 100 bucks or something.  Enough for it to not be the time, but little enough that you can understand why he did it as a joke without thinking.

Mostly people don't like him for being such as ass about it afterwards. 

EE (or C9) caught fake nicking when trying to weasel into an NA tournament

Puppey accused of abusing pause

w33 as above.

What has Misery been accused of? 

"What do you think of a famous fan art of Dota 2 girls – Lina, Crystal Maiden, Drow Ranger and Windrunner? Would you marry Crystal Maiden? *grins*"

What the fuuuuuuck. Also that picture with the "booth babes!" They don't do that at TI anymore do they? God I hope not. I really wish there could be a larger space for women in eSports. 

Thankfully I didn't see any booth babes at TI5. But yeah, the space for women in the pro-DOTA scene is still abysmal.

I still like Puppey a lot, but I dunno, maybe I root for Alliance or some other team this year?

I think I'll be pulling for Mad's Sing Stack, Aui's Bulba Stack and... some Chinese team I guess (what's a good one note I still know nothing about Chinese Dota..... )

If I am remembering correctly Burning went to VG so they should still be strong. I'm still looking forward to watching CDEC. We'll have to see how the other teams shake out but if LGD remains intact they should still be a team to be reckoned with.

These are my thoughts on Chinese teams and what to like about them.  All this will likely change once the Chinese teams shuffle:

Obviously a lot of us will be looking at CDEC to see if they can continue their high level of play.  It's interesting to not that they used to be the LGD B-team.  They were LGD.CDEC until they got good enough to become their own brand.

Personally, I am a fan a Ehome (or whatever team RotK is captaining).  Rotk is one of the best captains in the world and most charismatic players in China.  He is one of the players for the TI4 second place VG.  China has a problem with their experience players teaming up to make super teams instead of finding and fostering new talent.  With Ehome, Rotk changed that and is playing with a lot of fresh Chinese talent and found some very good results.

If you didn't see it,

from TI was pretty touching especially when he talks about his grandma.  See also:

VG are like an all star team.  Their support duo of Fy and Fenrir were famous for being the best roamers in dota.  Super as a mid is top tier and can play a lot of heroes. Iceiceice is a top 3 offlaner and any given game or tournament he is able to take over even from that position.  The rumors are that they are getting Burning who is a legendary carry player from china.  He is the most popular chinese player in china.

If you ask a Chinese fan who the best captain is, the answer will probably be Xiao8 (with western fans saying puppey or ppd).  He's the reason LGD were so good.  He and their offlaner Yao are contemplating retirement (which frankly never lasts in Chinese dota).  Hopefully they stick around.  Their mid player Maybe is pretty much the mid in dota who played suma1l even in lane without a billion ganks.  He is an amazing player and still very young.  It's always worth watching out for him.  MMY is a long time, stable support player.

Quick hits:

IG former TI winners.  Chuan is one of the Chinese players who engages with the western scene the most.

Newbee won TI4.  Then Xiao8 left and all their players decided to player RPGs instead of dota.  So they've been really bad.  Watch out for Rabbit.  He was a beast at TI4 on LGD.

HGT a good mix of longtime players like ZSMJ and new players.  Tier 2 chinese team, but always on the verge of breaking through.

Energy Pacemakers I think they may be a name to look out for.  They're a bunch of players I never heard of who were slaying people in chinese qualifiers for events.  They haven't really closed the deal and won a chinese tournament, but I think it'll happen soon.

Right after I post this, I read the Rotk is likely going to LGD to replace Yao on the offlane with Xiao8 likely "retiring."

I will follow rOtk wherever he goes he is my favorite person. :3

OK. iceiceice, rOtk and Chuan will be the three stars of Orion's belt which I will use to navigate Chinese Dota!

Interesting developments with roster shuffles. After Aui got kicked from Evil Geniuses he went on to form a new team that was announced today, and includes SUMAIL'S BROTHER (who is also apparently some sort of DOTA prodigy?)!!! If he was a secret evil twin you'd have a solid premise for an e-sports soap opera. This is so great.

Yawar is amazing.  He's not quite as good as Suma1l in my opinion, but he is a great talent.  I've seen him beat RTZ mid.  He'd been playing carry on some NA teams as a stand-in, but I think he'll be more comfortable as a mid since it is what he always plays in pubs.  I think this team has a chance to be really good. 

Twig- why don't you like bulba?

Because he's not a good player. ):

He's okay as long as he's stuck playing support, I guess.

I actually think he is NA's only decent offlaner other than Universe.  I'm sure that the role he'll play on this roster.  It's interesting how big the gap between fan and player opinion on bulba is though.  I've seen EE, pdd, aui, and rtz all say that Bulba is a good player.  The community thinks he is bad though.

I used to love watching his Clockwork especially when I first got into Dota (and into spectating Dota). It certainly helped that Clockwork is an excellent Big Plays hero, and it's probably one of his better heroes in general.

But as I watched him his crucial mistakes became more and more evident and it just culminated with his time on Liquid before that team disbanded. It was a disaster.

He might be a great personality to have on a team, he's never struck me as a dick like... certain other players, but man it's frustrating to watch him.