Sign in to follow this  
jennegatron

Dota 2 - Summer 2016 Roster Shuffles

I'm currently very upset about this.

News today: Cloud 9 disbands.

http://www.pcgamer.com/cloud9-dota-2-disbands-team/

Aui_2000 kicked from EG. This is the one ​the one that really really upsets me. I literally only care about Dota because I care about Aui_2000. His snuggie and his Aui's 2cents videos, as well as the Aui/Universe music videos are really the only things I'm invested in in Dota.

Charlie, EG's manager has confirmed as well

I'm very sad and upset about this.

https://twitter.com/Aui_2000/status/632366266536214528

https://twitter.com/CharlieCYang/status/632381968676716544

The only situation I can think of is that they think by switching Fear's position it'll prolong his career, and are pushing Aui to do so, and are bringing RTZ in to cover Fear's now vacant position.

I just like kinda can't believe they would do that after winning TI5. I mean I know that kind of thing happens in real sports but this is Dota and the teams are always only five people. It's crazy!

The rationale here is that since rosters are frozen for the fall majors, they need to cut Aui_2000 ASAP so he can find another team and be eligible for that tournament I guess. It still sucks. It's still terrible. In real sports there's a break period between championships and when the preseason starts  back up so you can at least enjoy your win. This year-round schedule prevents that from happening, so a dude can win TI and 6 days later be kicked from his team.

Well now I feel even better about the fact that I was never rooting for EG. Aui was the best part of that team IMO. Don't really think they could have beaten LGD or CDEC but for Aui's Techies and Naga Siren. Screw those guys!

Man, this is the kind the exact reason I can't really get into pro dota. So many roster changes and team scrambles and disbanding. I like a handful of players, but have absolutely no connection to any of the teams at all. It's not even like the teams have mascots are are representing a city or anything like in traditional sports. Bah!

EG is dead to me.  :tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:

At least, with the Majors coming up, all teams need to be stable by September, so there won't be many more. 

But fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that shit  :campbell:

So Theeban who was the coach for Team Secret was streaming, and had this to say about the status of Secret in light of the news of RTZ's move to EG:

-Secret is not disbanding, they are being remade or whatever. Puppey will be remaking the team.

-Kuro is forming his own team, with Fata it sounds like.

-Theeban is stepping down as coach and forming his own team

-Zai will act as a sub for the team while he finishes up school. He'll be back for the next TI.

-S4 possibly to stay on board

I like Puppey and S4 the most, so this is all sounding pretty good to me. If they manage to pick up Aui that will be the dream!

Wow, that's surprising.

And yet, because it's professional gaming, completely unsurprising. They call this "silly season" in football, for good reason.

I'm not sure Dendi will leave Na'vi, but it'd be pretty sweet if he did rejoin Puppey.  Maybe they could pick up SingSing as well.

I feel like EG's winning secret was the fact that people seemed to be calm and mature.  Swapping out AUI for RTZ definitely throws that out the window.

Now Charlie has to work with RTZ after this callout:

I honestly think RTZ is the best player in the world and the only player in the world that is worth kicking someone to get.  Most TI winners fall off pretty hard after the event so I can understand why they decided to be bold.  That said, I am really really sad for AUI.  In the end, he's still a millionaire and will find a good team once the dust settles.  I'm sure it feels so shitty right now though.

I seems Fear if getting more surgery and I've seen speculation that he might switch to a support role to save himself some strain. Also, if he retires due to his injury EG would need a new carry, so I see why getting RTZ would be good for them. EG as a team will have no soul now. A bunch of jaded, rage babies and salt shakers. I wonder if Universe will stick around (I have no idea what his temperament is, does anyone?)

I wonder if we'll ever see SingSing on a team again. He's the definition of a pub star; half his charm is his running commentary and goofs (tho YMMV). EE and others have said he's hard to work with and, besides, whenever I see him stream, the donations are always coming in fast and furious. My best guess is he's making at least 100€ an hour just making fun of Tucker and randomly joining games with other pros.

I'm not really sure what is keeping Dendi on Nav'Vi.

Update: I'm still mad about this. I love Aui_2000 and I love Charlie Yang and I'm very upset with ppd.

Me too. ):<

Looks like Pajkatt has been dropped from Alliance. This news causes me a bunch of trepidation since there is a lot of speculation that S4 might return to Alliance, but I'd like him to stick around with Secret and continue to play with Puppey.

The AUI shuffle is still delivering.

2 hour interview with AUI about a lot of stuff:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3hhqq2/reflections_with_aui_2000/

PPD gets flamed so hard he tells the straight dirt:

http://peterpandam.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/post-ti5-blog.html?m=1

Let's also talk about the WB finals before we move on where Aui turned into the most cancerous player aside from CWM I had ever seen with an 18 MILLION DOLLAR TOURNAMENT LEFT TO PLAY

I'm dissapointed that PPD resorted to that kind of direct calling out of AUI's faults.  But he's been under a lot of direct pressure for the shuffle by people that don't really understand what went on in the team.  

Also the AUI interview kinda credits PPD's brother with training them how to use techies at a competitive level.  AUI definitely knew what he was doing with them, but it seemed like he credit team knowledge more than specifically "i'm the best techies player".  He did say that no other team really knew what to do with them though.

That Aui interview was a good listen he seems quite honest about everything. PPD's post had some valid points, but still seems like they just wanted to play with their mate and sort of feels like is inflating some of the negatives to make it feel like it was a decision they had to make.

( Aui was my favourite EG player so of course I am bias )

If PPD said there were no problems playing with AUI, I'd still understand the move.

I feel like EG's winning secret was the fact that people seemed to be calm and mature.  Swapping out AUI for RTZ definitely throws that out the window.

Sounds like I was wrong about that statement in 2 ways. I was assuming (like a lot of other people) that RTZ is as abnoxious a team mate as his public persona.  And I was also assuming that AUI was a calm member of the team.

They don't appear to be shuffling the roster purely to get the "best player in dota", but to legitimately play with people they feel make up a better team.

As for Fear playing support.  I still question whether he'll be top tier, but TBH i should be giving him more credit.  It's not like AUI was always position 4.  And if Fear is playing support, maybe he'll be in a better position to assist the team.  Which appears to be one of his biggest strengths.  I still feel it's a bit of a risk if he's getting surgery, and they'll need a good position 4 backup.  But if they were having issues with AUI then maybe he wasn't the best fit for that role.

Fear used to play support on EG after Maelk left.  He was considered a good support player, but that team struggled a lot.  I think it's likely that Fear will be a pretty good support again.  I think it is especially easy to be a 4 when playing with ppd since he is so self-sacrificing in 5 role.