Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

O'Brien to Take Over The Tonight Show in 2009

Good news! I just hope Max and the band move with Conan, because they're awesome :)

O'Brien presents a metric load o' crap stuffed into a, on the whole, unamusing hour. I really don't see what anyone sees in his show.

O'Brien presents a metric load o' crap stuffed into a, on the whole, unamusing hour. I really don't see what anyone sees in his show.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Kingzjester!

I think this is as good as any to mention my love for Conan's best segment ever, 'Peair(sp?) Bernard's Recliner of Rage.' I feel for you Peair, Stargate really is better with that guy dead.

I liked the week of "Michael Bolton is trying to kill me" material (i.e. a staffmember being found 'dead' every night, etc.)

Hah, yeah, Conan is class. The "Michael Bolton is trying to kill me" segments were right up there with his "Bring Dirty Dancing back to theaters" stuff.

He better keep the Max Weinberg Seven. Weinberg is a badass drummer. Even just watching him play entertains me.

Oh dear god you american sickos...

I have just spent the last ten days (another 17 or so to go..) in the Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, Chicago, working at a nearby developer..

In this time I have had little to do but eat your ludicrously large meals, and watch your "television".

In this time I have learned the following 2 things :

When it comes to chat shows in America, it's clearly all about John McEnroe.

you cannot be serious!! he kills me.. :frusty:

Rudi Bakhtiar is super fine awesome. :naughty:

I don't know if I spelt her name right... I mean the CNN anchorchick..

God bless America. I now have a powerful need for an Escalade, and a girl who looks like Paris Hilton. :erm:

Heh... if you're going to demand that a top US chat show be declared, it's all about The Daily Show (even though it's only partly that format).

Heh... if you're going to demand that a top US chat show be declared, it's all about The Daily Show (even though it's only partly that format).
The difference is clear:

Conan O'Brien: small-smiley-010.gif

(small, sickening and insignificant)

John Stewart: :mrt:

(great, invigorating and pitying the fools)

John Stewert drives me crazy. Like, in the bad way. I think his "satire" is the opposite of satire but rather overly obvious political jokes that never go far beyond "ha, it's pretty hilarious that [politician] had a goofy face or said something stupid". It wouldn't bother me so much if Stewert didn't clearly think he's the hottest shit of all time and if he didn't think he was so damn smart. On the other hand, I really like Lewis Black's segment and I feel like he actually has some understanding of the stuff he's making fun of.

Rudi Bakhtiar is super fine awesome. :naughty:

I don't know if I spelt her name right... I mean the CNN anchorchick..

:yawn: CNN International is so much better.

You get Kristie Lu Stout:

lu%20stout,%20kristie10.jpg

... but that's not all. You also get...

Liz-tradefair-5-cnn.jpg

Richard Quest, the most insane news reporter alive! Whatever drugs he's on, I want some too. He's fucking hilarious. I seriously think he was drunk on a recent report from Florida about swing voters. He just kept on making inappropriate jokes, with the studio anchor saying "let's ... let's not go there".

Edit: Holy shit he has a blog devoted to him!! That is so totally bookmarked.

Richard Quest, the most insane news reporter alive! Whatever drugs he's on, I want some too. He's fucking hilarious. I seriously think he was drunk on a recent report from Florida about swing voters. He just kept on making inappropriate jokes, with the studio anchor saying "let's ... let's not go there".

You should post news about CNN's credibility being lost in the basement of a Florida bar.

Haha yes. Fortunately I don't rely on CNN for my news. I watch EuroNews or BBC World for that instead.

By the way, I agree on Jon Stewart, in that I hate the fact that he smiles all the time. I do think the jokes on the Daily Show are top class, and they're generally well delivered, but then Jon tends to screw it up by fake laughing or smiling at the camera for too long. It's not stopping me from watching though. I love it.

His jokes are occasionally passable, but yes it drives me crazy that he can't stop himself from finding them all terribly amusing and clearly displaying as such to the audience.

There was one segment I will never forget from the daily show....they were running around the 2000 Democratic convention finding random Rabbi's and shouting "Mr.Lieberman! Could we have a few minutes for an interview!?" :grin: .