Jake

Idle Thumbs 222: The Bubble Guy

Edit: This was just too complain-ey. It's not worth writing, and I take it back. Not the last line:

- Rare Replay doesn't have Taboo: The Sixth Sense, which I think might be the biggest non-Diddy-Kong-Racing snub. At least it has the masterpieces that are RC Pro Am 1/2.

SSX 3 was absolutely the game Jake was thinking of. It came out on PS2, and there was a free ride mode where you could board the entire mountain if you wanted to do so. Took like half an hour.

2012's SSX (which I own for some reason despite that not being my genre AT ALL) has a free ride mode also, and was routinely talked about as "open world". I figured if 3 didn't have cell phones, a 2012 entry easily might. But it sounds like you're right.

(Incidentally, I just fired it up to see if there were cell phones - I didn't see any, but it's actually pretty fun, maybe I'll play more.)

The (two) moment(s) that define Nick Breckon for me (sorry Nick) are the descriptions of a game of Neptune's Pride starting Idle Thumbs 58 - a Castro situation. "Nick was in an abusive relationship with everyone in the game".

Idle Thumbs 102 - Standing on the Shoulders of Babies (around 2:00 minutes in, I'm new at this game) and Idle Thumbs 104 - Emblematic of the Dissonance cover Neptune's Pride 2, or somebody, destroying interoffice politics.

Reading the plot / setting of The Swindle (totally bought it, played it a tiny bit, already enjoy it), it sounds like steampunk thieves are trying to conserve their lifestyle and era from being taken over by cyberpunk robots.

Edit - "Jake is becoming a screaming angry bird."

My head: "Screaming angry Big Bird, Chris. Come on."

"Content providers are going to provide you with content to engage with. You're going to engage with brands though their content, Steve."

"Can I consume the content?"

"You can consume it as long as you also engage with it."

"...I can engage with content, therefore connecting with the brand....ohhhh and then they start screaming."

This exchange is like excerpt from a Margaret Atwood Novel.

Truly, this was a cast of rare quality.  

Actually, Junior Mints, people really did get pissed and rallied up against the hunter who killed Cecil.

Now, if only white people could do the same for race relations in this country.

Breckon's Moonshot: http://www.twitch.tv/idlethumbs/c/2218121

But twitch is being annoying and won't let me skip to the good part. :/

I think the Breckonest of Breckon is in part 2 due to a break in the stream because Nick and Chris don't know how to use computers, their words not mine. Jump to about 52 min, maybe 51 if you want more buildup.

http://www.twitch.tv/idlethumbs/b/393536184

Great lashing out by Breckon and killer rendition of Space Asshole from Remo. But, really, who is this Nick Breckon guy?

Too bad the chat isn't captured, because that moment was even better live.

I think the Breckonest of Breckon is in part 2 due to a break in the stream because Nick and Chris don't know how to use computers, their words not mine. Jump to about 52 min, maybe 51 if you want more buildup.

http://www.twitch.tv/idlethumbs/b/393536184

Great lashing out by Breckon and killer rendition of Space Asshole from Remo. But, really, who is this Nick Breckon guy?

Talk about movie theatre distribution stories made me dream of a cast where they invite Jeff Gerstmann on (get him back for the E3 Firewatch thing maybe) and then proceed to talk exclusively about his stories delivering film reels when he was younger and not even talking about video games for the entire hour.

A close read of Utopia suggests that is in fact the social blueprint for Chris' vault.