Sign in to follow this  
Gwen

Futurama

It hit often enough that I was ok with the misses, even as they did start missing more often.

The main thing that annoyed me was the inconsistencies with Fry and Leela's relationship. It was so off and on, depending on the writer's mood. I really loved the ending of season 4, and it just felt like they were too scared to progress their relationship. I'd love to be corrected on this, as I kinda stopped half way through season 5.

The main thing that annoyed me was the inconsistencies with Fry and Leela's relationship. It was so off and on, depending on the writer's mood. I really loved the ending of season 4, and it just felt like they were too scared to progress their relationship. I'd love to be corrected on this, as I kinda stopped half way through season 5.

By season 5, do you mean the first season after the movies, because that was technically season 6.  The four movies (Bender's Big Score, The Beast with a Billion Backs, Bender's Game, and Into the Wild Green Yonder) are considered the 5th season.

As for their relationship, I'll just say watch the last episode.

I really feel like some of the best Futurama episodes were ones that dealt with Fry and Leela, like the one with the time skips (Time Keeps On Slipping) or the one where Fry takes being stung by that bee for her and she dreams about him having died.

I gave up on season 6 a few episodes in because of the aforementioned inconsistency. Writers being super temperamental with characters' relationships is a huge turn-off for me. I appreciated it way more in the first few seasons because it was more of a side-plot that only came up as often as they could do something interesting with it, or at least make a funny gag. As the show progressed it became more of a focal point, but that just led to more frustrating unresolved bullshit as they had to write around it to keep the show going. Meh.

I agree that the newer seasons are pretty inconsistent.  There are a lot more misses than hits, although I'll admit the ones that do hit I actually found to be funnier than the ones I liked in the early seasons.  Notably, the sixth season has my single favorite joke in the entire series because I'm a huge dork.

I recently caught up and watched every one of the new episodes thanks to gaining access to the US Netflix. 

They're not great. I occasionally tear up with laughter at the originals on Fox they're so good, I maybe got a smirk or a chuckle from the Comedy Central seasons. Just nothing special. 

I did see each season on DVD in a local pawn shop for £7-£10 each. I was really tempted to pick them up, but who has the time for discs any more? 

I did see each season on DVD in a local pawn shop for £7-£10 each. I was really tempted to pick them up, but who has the time for discs any more? 

I can't speak for the new seasons, but the audio commentary on the originals is really good.

Oh yeah, I know. I used to own them all, but had them stolen along with my Simpsons boxed sets and my N64 collection (that was all in the same box). 

For some reason the most memorable thing for me from the Comedy Central season was the Devo guest starring bit.

"We'll do anything to help your cause!"

"PLAY WHIP IT!"

"No."