Sign in to follow this  
sclpls

The International 5 (TI5) - Dota 2

The Na'Vi vs. VG match had the most incredible ending ever. Very happy with it.

Indeed. That was some sweet net worth.

The last minute was just clutch as fuck by everyone involved. I startled my roomies by doing my usual sports-guy thing of jumping out of my chair and jeering like an idiot.

I've been streaming it from YouTube on our wallboard at work. I think I should just post a Dota FAQ because I have to re-explain it every time someone walks by.

They were, yeah. It's been addressed. At least for now. EG stomped.

Also wow there is a lot of production value at the stadium this year. Like flashing lights for certain skills and junk. It's weird.

No Newcomer's Stream today : (

I'm not exactly a newcomer, but I had a lot of fun listening to them last year. If nothing else, I'd learn about items and abilities I wasn't familiar with. Having only be one stream a day is bad enough, but now they didn't even have it today.

Secret just got sent down to the lower bracket by fucking EHOME of all teams. What an upset.

Secret just got sent down to the lower bracket by fucking EHOME of all teams. What an upset.

What?! I specifically skipped those games to go grocery shopping because I didn't think I needed to bother watching Secret roll some bangers with a borrowed name*.

*I still don't know anything about Chinese Dota, which is becoming clearer and clearer :P

rOtk is my hero tho for real. Been a fan of good for a while. Glad to see him having a success. :D

March is my new hero after yesterday and today. Yay MVP!

Hey everyone!

I split off a bunch of posts from the main Dota 2 thread to create a TI5-specific thread as part of our new pro & competitive games forum, launched in honor of our newest podcast, Esports Today! Subscribe today!

http://esports.today/

Oh my god, you guys. The draft for C9 vs. VG round 2 is amazing. The match is only just now starting but it's a total wtf.

The only thing they're really good at is breaking my heart

what was that statistic they put up, C9 features in 5 of the 10 biggest comebacks and lost 4 of them or something like that?

so C9 is also really good at losing games they have already won, is what I'm saying I guess

Just got back from the hotel bar where I saw BigDaddyNoTail looking devastated. Their loss suddenly just felt super real to me.

Just got back from the hotel bar where I saw BigDaddyNoTail looking devastated. Their loss suddenly just felt super real to me.

That is an aspect of attending TI in person that I had not considered.

That game was great to watch though. I love me some top tier Rubick play and thae game had a lot of it.

That is an aspect of attending TI in person that I had not considered.

That game was great to watch though. I love me some top tier Rubick play and thae game had a lot of it.

Yeah clearly I hadn't thought about it either because I had this powerful moment of empathy that hit me like a ton of bricks. I wanted to go over and give him a hug and tell him it's gonna be okay, but I took the more prudent course and left him alone with his thoughts.

Game one will definitely go down in the history books, but the second game they went out on was just brutal. Initially VG fans were super hyped the first few minutes but as they stomped harder and harder I think more and more people just felt bad for Cloud 9... seemed like they had just completely cracked at that point.