Sign in to follow this  
sclpls

The International 5 (TI5) - Dota 2

My tickets for the International arrived today, so excited!

Niiiice! I'm super duper envious here haha

Was it difficult getting a hold of tickets? I hear they sold out within minutes, which causes me to imagine frantic clicking/refreshing to beat the rush.

I planned a trip to the US prior to the announcement of the TI5 schedule. I was stoked to see that the dates coincided/matched up perfectly, but since I didn't get any TI5 tickets, Seattle won't be part of my itinerary :(

URGH, I guess the next best thing is to hit up a cinema viewing or something.

Niiiice! I'm super duper envious here haha

Was it difficult getting a hold of tickets? I hear they sold out within minutes, which causes me to imagine frantic clicking/refreshing to beat the rush.

I planned a trip to the US prior to the announcement of the TI5 schedule. I was stoked to see that the dates coincided/matched up perfectly, but since I didn't get any TI5 tickets, Seattle won't be part of my itinerary :(

URGH, I guess the next best thing is to hit up a cinema viewing or something.

Everything I heard was that they were mostly sold out before they were supposed to go on sale because Ticketmaster's website let people in early if they messed around with their computer's clocks.

Oh yeah, by the time I learned about DOTA tickets on sale they were definitely sold out! My wife picked them up second hand, and spent a little more than the average asking price to buy from a reputable seller. Still, the price of the tickets isn't so very much, even at the inflated 2nd hand market rate, compared to the cost of staying at a hotel, that's the real expense. We're also lucky in that the flight from San Francisco to Seattle is short and inexpensive as far as air fare goes.

I went to see Team Secret play vs IG at the Warfield Theater. I had never been to any big public gaming event thing before so I didn't really know how I would feel about it, if it would be too nerdy to handle or whatever, but the crowd was great, and it was a lot of fun. So it'll be interesting to see that experience scaled up to the size of a sports arena!

TI5 wild card games are being played right now, and the group stages are being played the rest of the week. Main tournament starts next week. 

Are we worried about spoilers in here? I'm going to miss most games this week and will need to catch up. I just need to know if I should avoid this thread until then.

RE: Wild Cards

cdec took it as expected, but that mvp VS vega lower bracket final was interesting.  i only got to actually watch the last one, the other two were refereshes on the phone while my wife was watching her program.  but the drafting was predictable and wild in the same breath, the plays a little sloppy, and didnt seem like either team was ready for main stage action.

lost 50pts i think too because i went cdec - vega - mvp - nar. oh well

also twitch app on chromecast jutters and cant seem to control what level of quality going to get - just tries to max out and if it causes some frame drops whatever.  maybe i could watch through the web and chromecast my phone screen?

RE: Wild Cards

cdec took it as expected, but that mvp VS vega lower bracket final was interesting.  i only got to actually watch the last one, the other two were refereshes on the phone while my wife was watching her program.  but the drafting was predictable and wild in the same breath, the plays a little sloppy, and didnt seem like either team was ready for main stage action.

lost 50pts i think too because i went cdec - vega - mvp - nar. oh well

also twitch app on chromecast jutters and cant seem to control what level of quality going to get - just tries to max out and if it causes some frame drops whatever.  maybe i could watch through the web and chromecast my phone screen?

I did the same prediction :(

also twitch app on chromecast jutters and cant seem to control what level of quality going to get - just tries to max out and if it causes some frame drops whatever. maybe i could watch through the web and chromecast my phone screen?

Can you stream YouTube live streams through Chromecast? The YouTube stream was pretty high quality for me yesterday, but I've never tried streaming a live YouTube thing on chromecast.

I kept poking into Twitch on my phone while at work today and saw some truly sensational stuff from Na'Vi and Cloud 9. But now at home things are really drag-ass and boring.

My impression of the first day of the Group stages is that the games have been wonderfully unpredictable. I suspect that will be less true as the tournament moves on (because that's usually how things work... once you proceed to elimination matches teams start busting out much more cautious strats) but I'm enjoying myself for now. Hard for me to pick a favorite from day 1 to be honest.

Team Secret vs. Na'Vi, the 2nd match. Watch it. One of the most sensational matches ever.

I did watch it and it was just kinda yeah navi's got the orchid okay secrets winning uh huh secret's winning welp secret's winning i guess secret won okay.

I was not impressed!

I'd say of all the Secret matches today, the one to watch is the 1st game VS Cloud9. Not that it was a dynamic match by any means, I'd say Secret was definitely in control mostly, but that Reverse Polarity steal from Kuroky as Rubick in the Rosh Pit, holy hell, what a cool moment to watch.

Man, it's weird to watch several teams play sensational one game, and then completely fall apart in the next. I guess the team that wins will show a little more consistency.

MVP Phoenix especially, though that's only from the first couple of days of games.

The only match I've really seen was IG vs Fnatic but man that was amazing. Not the flashiest of matches but tense as all heck.

Can you stream YouTube live streams through Chromecast? The YouTube stream was pretty high quality for me yesterday, but I've never tried streaming a live YouTube thing on chromecast.

youtube stream did end up being a very smooth stream.  it only had <10k people - so perhaps the lag was on twitch's end, not my chrome-cast wifi

ty fo the suggestion!

No problem! I always have some problem or another with Twitch streaming through my Chromecast, so it's good to know I can just turn on YouTube when I start watching next week! Thank you for checking!

Man MVP Phoenix. I think they're starting to be my favorite team, because you never know what you're going to get.