Sign in to follow this  
Azniac

Halo Wars 2

Halo Wars was, without a doubt, the killer title for the Xbox 360. None of the other last generation games stood a chance. However, around the game's launch, Ensemble Studios shut down. The game was supported by Robot Entertainment, but hopes for a (much desired) second installment were slim.

At Gamescom 2015, Microsoft triumphantly announced that Creative Assembly was working on Halo Wars 2 (launching fall 2016; on Xbox One and Windows 10).

Jokes aside, I did have fun with Halo Wars, and a sequel makes me happy.

Does this mean the original will be on the Backwards Compatible list? I bought it second-hand FOREVER ago but never got around to playing it. Curious to boot it up now.

I'm so pumped for Halo Wars 2. I feel like Halo Wars was an important game in some ways. Other than being Ensemble's final game, it was an RTS made specifically for a console, and it worked extremely well. I'm excited to see where they go with the series. This is definitely something I never thought I'd see get made.

Interesting to hear that CA is being tasked with this game.  I figured HALO universe warranted something more akin to Relic's Dawn of War 2 than anything CA have put together.

I'm glad to see this getting a PC release, I played the first game on 360 and couldn't help but think how much more I would've enjoyed it with keyboard and mouse.

I'm actually totally into the idea of this. The first one was something my friends played a lot of, but I never had a 360 so I didn't. Would love a streamlined RTS, StarCraft is way too hard for me.

Halo Wars was absolutely a blast, very excited to see that it's getting a sequel. I hope they keep to the formula Ensemble established, It was fantastic fun having a streamlined, old-school RTS with modern matchmaking. It's a blissfully back-to-basics design with an appropriately modern makeover.

I'm very much looking forward to this. I really much enjoyed the first game which had a surprising about of effort put into the campaign (remember all those expensive cinematics?) and a pretty good online.

It was one of those rare games where it came out in the UK first, I played it with some friends online all weekend and we had loads of fun. Then it was released in the US and the user base skyrocketed, people figured out the cheapest/easiest tactic and all did it constantly, then the game stopped being fun and we stopped playing but I still have fond memories :)

I love Halo Wars, my room mates and I used to have 3 xboxes set up to play it online together. I think some traditional RTS fans found it a bit basic, but to be honest I thought the base building mechanics improved the design and made the fights and tactics a little more interesting. It was the first RTS I played where the early game didn't necessarily dictate the pace of the match, and there ended up being a lot more back and forth. I'm really excited for this.