Sign in to follow this  
pj-

Psychonauts going to PS2

I suspect the PS2 one will ship later than XBox by a good margin. PC will probably ship in between the two. That's my uneducated guess.

Bah, yarbles! :cens0r::frusty::bomb::tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :( :( :( :\ How many factual errors can IGN fit in the first fucking paragraph?! That article reads like one of us parodying the "IGN style" for crying out loud!!

gollum.jpg

It hurtsssss ussss, it burrnssss ussss, my precioussssss!!!

AAAAHHH! Dear God of San Frankie, I still can't believe this load of crock! We need to save this article on our server somewhere (in the Manager Manager Manager, perhaps?) so that we may revisit it when we're overcome with doubts about our quality. Anathema! Fie, you vile, evil thing! Burn it! Burn it! Gah! Puke! :frusty:

It's kind of lame that the article didn't mention at all that the game is also coming to Xbox and PC. That said, I think Psychonauts is a fairly good fit for the PS2. I have a few worries about it not looking as good as it will on the Xbox, but the PS2 is definitely more of a home to wacky platformers, and I suspect it will have more potential buyers there.

Jesus Jesus Jesus Christ!

Now I can force all people to buy psychonauts, not just people with PCs or Xboxs!

Oh, and that article is horrible.

the initial Majesco rumor was "february 2005" but now I've seen "spring 2005" beaten around too, so probably one of those, and you know which one is more likely :(

Well, Pc <-> Xbox ports aren't quite as complex as going from either one to the PS2. The Xbox is (I believe) an x86-compatible machine, whereas I'm fairly certain the PS2 isn't. Also, the Xbox uses an nVidia GPU (again, from memory, I could be wrong) and a modified implementation of D3D for graphics programming.

XBox uses DirectX so porting to the PC is not so bad. PS2 is more difficult, but development on the PS2 is more difficult.

I still predict a simultaneous release. For sure XBox/PC, but I think that the PS2 version will ship same time too.

Okay, I've been a lurker for far, far too long. Let me make amends by showing you an early concept box art of Psychonauts that follows the Tim Schafer High Sales Guidelines.

It also has a picture of a unicorn on it.

psychonautsbox.jpg