I have seen some of you on Trackmania Stadium Unofficial Classic servers. I have also seen you queue up Buck Bumblestep. I know your shame.

Confess your sins, and talk about the best dubstep time attack simulator in video games.

The best one is Trackmania United Forever because it has all the country flags in it! And the best stadium. Also it's free on Steam!

you know it

star wars metallica 4 ever

before I found the giantbomb server I would filter the server list by the text '420' and join whatever had the most players.

The best one is Trackmania United Forever because it has all the country flags in it! And the best stadium. Also it's free on Steam!

United is good! I should mention that Trackmania 2 Stadium has a free demo on Steam right now in anticipation of Trackmania - Whatever the Next Crazy Thing Is, and that appears to be what people are playing right now.

I have seen some of you on Trackmania Stadium Unofficial Classic servers. I have also seen you queue up Buck Bumblestep. I know your shame.

Confess your sins and talk about the best dubstep time attack simulator in video games.

Oh shit I knew I recognized your username from somewhere.

Nadeo said that TM Turbo wouldn't have dedicated servers, so, like... dead game, Stadium forever, long live buck bumble, etc.

My favourite game that I've never played. I spent WAY too many hours watching my brother, for years and years.

Nadeo said that TM Turbo wouldn't have dedicated servers

are you fucking kidding me

nadeo why

nadeo whyyyyyy

all i want is a trackmania 2 that doesn't have all the weird shit surrounding it and isn't for some reason split up into multiple games

ps nadeo i'd pay 60 bucks just to get it all in one package, none of this splitting up the community nonsense, okay thanks

are you fucking kidding me

nadeo why

nadeo whyyyyyy

all i want is a trackmania 2 that doesn't have all the weird shit surrounding it and isn't for some reason split up into multiple games

ps nadeo i'd pay 60 bucks just to get it all in one package, none of this splitting up the community nonsense, okay thanks

It's because they don't actually seem to know what makes Trackmania interesting (that is to say the weird, precious dwindling online community full of absolute maniacs).

my recommendation is grab the Trackmania 2 Stadium demo off steam and then if you are feeling it, pay the $10 bucks for it.

I haven't played these since Sunrise, so where do I begin now?

Weird, I had totally forgotten all of the older Trackmanias including Sunrise, despite having spent loads of time on them in my youth! Just hearing the name unlocked a bunch of memories. Weird. 

I also got an intense craving to go back to that one from this thread, it was such a neat little game! Not really feeling those stadium aesthetics as much as the tropical island stuff.

All I need is Trackmania Original on GOG.com... as cool as the new game looks, offline enjoyment and no DRM/client hassle were always the great big Trackmania things for me. Ah well. :mellow:

I impulse-bought Trackmania United Forever shortly after first posting here, but quickly refunded that. The main menu being more a web browser than a game screen is super unappealing to me, and at the time all of Nadeo's servers plus websites were down for some reason. Which wouldn't be so bad since I didn't really want to play any multiplayer, except the game apparently relies on these to deliver a lot of important parts? The actual steam download was only like 900mb, and seemed to include none of the higher quality textures judging by the blurry mush that I got. The server thing seems to have been temporary, but wow, what a reminder that I want anything to do with this model. Like, the very first thing greeting me was a little box telling me to sign up and log in so I can use half of the features in this, followed by the reveal that whoops, I actually can't do either of these things.

Anyway, I dug up my copy of Sunrise while I was in my hometown over the weekend, hopefully I can get that to run on my newish machine.

The SM || Fullspeed Beginner multiplayer-server in Trackmania2 Stadium demo is best understood as net.art

I have a hard time imagining how Turbo could possibly improve the thing that Trackmania2 Stadium captures; this thing that vaporwave attempts to mimic.

I made a let's play of Trackmania2 Stadium's demo in an attempt to explain the magic I experience in the game. I wasn't successful, but I find that failure interesting. Zoning out withTrackmania2 turns out to be not at all like recording a let's play of it.

I may make another attempt, but I think this may be what poetry is for (to express the sublime).

I get what you meant to show but the video looks to me exactly like Trackmania United Forever (Trackmania 1).

This is my first Trackmania, so I wouldn't notice the similarities. I'm looking forward to seeing if Turbo adds anything significant.

Here's a blog-post about how Trackmania Turbo's servers are set up. It looks like anyone can curate a space pretty easily and Ubisoft will host it, but that makes me think custom soundtracks are not going to happen. To be honest it seems like a reasonable compromise to me. We will just have to tune in to the same internet radio-station or something (no one will do that).

How great would it be if you could pair a Pandora or Last.fm station or whatever to your custom-track list? The ads would suck, but still tht would be pretty cool. Especially if players could get rid of the ads.

Tempted to get this, but I'm not sure when I will. I've been burned by that server stuff.

Trackmania Turbo comes out tomorrow for PC, and Giant Bomb's Quick Look left me feeling unsure about it:

I thought seeing Jeff play it would help push me one way or the other, but I'm still not sure if I want to pick it up. How are you all feeling about it?