Sign in to follow this  
seamus2389

Online short stories

In the last couple years I started reading short story collections and listening to audio version of S&SF short stories from alot of the good online S&SF magazines. 

I am looking for short stories online that aren't S&SF. Right now I have started reading the fiction in the New Yorker and it's been ok but I assume there are alot of other and possibly better places out there.

Any suggestions?

PS - read Zadie Smith's dystopian short story in the New Yorker from 2013 which reminded me that she is meant to be writing so kind of sci-fi influenced by Ursula La Guin.

There are truly a lot of incredible places for short stories online. What are you looking for? I'm particularly fond of Juked, but there are so many it's almost not even possible to list them all. Other great places include Narrative, Pank, Lunch Ticket, Paper Darts, Guernica and Fail Better

I've published in a few, so my opinion is obviously suspect, but I really like all of these a lot.

If you're into horror and weird fiction, Weird Fiction Review  has a great selection of short stories.

My favorite is The Red Tower by Thomas Ligotti

This podcast has a discussion about that particular short story and what is so good about it. 

There are truly a lot of incredible places for short stories online. What are you looking for? I'm particularly fond of Juked, but there are so many it's almost not even possible to list them all. Other great places include Narrative, Pank, Lunch Ticket, Paper Darts, Guernica and Fail Better

I've published in a few, so my opinion is obviously suspect, but I really like all of these a lot.

This is what I was looking for. Now just got to make time for them in addition to the S&SF sites I read,