Sign in to follow this  
Nelsormensch

Terminal7 32: Fundamentally Fundamental

Terminal7 32: 

733__cover.jpg

Fundamentally Fundamental

Finally wrapped up a much dispersed series about Runner archetypes, Nels & Jesse discuss the high-level archetypes of each faction and what makes them distinct. Also "fundamental" is said a lot.

Games Discussed: Android: Netrunner

Something that helped me get more into the game was when my local game store had a core set only tournament, which had a good mix of new and experienced players. I had played a few times before then, but never with anyone who was more experienced that I was, so it was helpful to see how experienced players usually play the game.

A few months later they tried a tournament where you could only use core set + any three data packs, and you had to make both decks from the same three packs. Almost nobody showed up for that one, mostly because it was during finals in a college town, but I thought it was a really interesting format.

Something that helped me get more into the game was when my local game store had a core set only tournament, which had a good mix of new and experienced players. I had played a few times before then, but never with anyone who was more experienced that I was, so it was helpful to see how experienced players usually play the game.

A few months later they tried a tournament where you could only use core set + any three data packs, and you had to make both decks from the same three packs. Almost nobody showed up for that one, mostly because it was during finals in a college town, but I thought it was a really interesting format.

Ah yes, that is an interesting setup! Solid recommendation, we'll mention that in the future. Thanks!