Sign in to follow this  
Cleinhun

The Davis/Sacramento Area Friendship Conspiracy

It appears that there are several thumbs located in the Davis/Sacramento area, and I think we should take advantage of this and have some sort of meet up. If you are in the area check in here so we know how many there actually are, and we can brainstorm some plans.

I think there was another thread for real life meetups, but I really wanted to use this title.

My secret plan was to create this thread in the hopes that it would inspire someone else to actually do the work of planning something. Obviously that didn't work out.

Do we want to meet up in Davis or in Sac? What's more convenient for everybody? Also, does anyone have a weird work schedule of something we'd want to plan around?

My secret plan was to create this thread in the hopes that it would inspire someone else to actually do the work of planning something. Obviously that didn't work out.

Do we want to meet up in Davis or in Sac? What's more convenient for everybody? Also, does anyone have a weird work schedule of something we'd want to plan around?

I'm in Davis, no weird work schedule.

I'm down for either place, but if we're ever in sac, I'll be sure to show y'all some nice places to eat and drink.

I'll post my work schedule for the month when I have the chance.

I'm about to start a Doodle and Meetup for y'all.

My work hours are always the same and almost never change (only during meetings they change): 9-5. 

If we do meet up in Sac, I have some great places in mind for us.

It doesn't look like you set that up right, so I set  up a different one: http://doodle.com/2d7p35aptvx5mthq

For each day until the end of the month check "yes" "no" or "maybe". I also put options for ~12 pm and ~7 pm in case people want more granularity but that's probably not that useful.

I filled it out! I'll bring Ewokskick with me, so I just added his name to my line.

Thanks for enabling my laziness. :D

It looks like everyone can do next weekend, maybe Saturday? Anyone have ideas about where we should go? Because I do not.

If we meet in Davis, I really like the Beer Shoppe (if everyone is 21 and okay meeting for a beer or something.) Its small and fairly quiet. It doesn't attract a ton of fratty undergrads, etc. 

If we want to meet in Davis, and moderate amounts of responsibly consumed alcohol isn't appealing, we could meet at one of the taquerias or the dumpling house or something. There are also some coffee shops in town. (Since it's summer it's a little easier to find parking downtown, but can still be a hassle, which is something I am trying to be conscious of.)

If we meet in Sac, namman seems to have some ideas in mind already.

If this is fun, (which I'm sure it will be!) we can always do this again and meet in the other place.

Let's do Davis because most the people here are from there and I'm down for next Saturday for a meet up. I was thinking 6:30-7:30pm at meet up at Beer Shoppe, does that sound good?

And if this goes well--and I have a feeling it will--maybe we should meet up at Sac and I'll show y'all a nice English pub and taquerias/Ethiopian places to eat

You had me at Ethiopian. (you had me before that, but I love Ethiopian food and I haven't had it in a long time. Also an English pub sounds perfect)

That time works perfect for me next Saturday.

Can we do 7?

I work that day and I take the bus home and it'll take me a bit to get to Davis.

Also, y'all recognize me right away: I'll be the only guy wearing a cute little dress.

I am very excited about this. Ewokskick & I will probably show up a little early to try and snag us one of the few tables. I'll be sure to post in here some identifying marker so that people can find us.

Unfortunately missed this thread. Born and raised in Davis, but live in SF now. No idea there were a bunch of Thumbs in Davis/Sacto. 

You guys all go to UCD or what?