Cordeos

Hitman: Steve Gaynor Edition

Also, just remembered I fished up this thread to post Giant Bomb's amazing Hitsmas video:

The random target/restriction generation idea is really fun and I'd love it if the devs build something like it in for season 2.

I killed the elusive target with the exploding phone. Was shocked there wasn't a clear way to use food to kill him, maybe I just missed it, but wandered around as a chef and a waiter without finding a good way to do it. I really want to get Silent Assassin in an Elusive Target one of these days.

45 minutes ago, Cbirdsong said:

I like this idea and will do your contract later on. I wish there was a way to browse/save contracts on the web or using Steam or something. This whole contract ID thing is Nintendo-esque :wacko:

To be fair, you can do tag/word searches or even just browse your friends' contracts, but yeah, being able to find and bookmark things from a webpage would be a welcome addition. Hell, that stuff's so feature-bare that you can't even delete contracts that you've made. We could probably come up with some sort of dumb keyword to make Thumbs contracts easier to find.

Eliminated the elusive target, also with a remote explosive (duck). I'm a bit ambivalent about the last couple of targets. They've been relatively straightforward, which is disappointing, but it seems that's mostly because I've become familiar with the levels, and the whole mastery aspect is interesting.

killed myself going for the food critic (on my first elusive target too). Placed what i assumed was a remote detonated explosive. It was a proximity based explosive. Hung around for a few seconds, confused that the detonator wasn't in my inventory...

I played a bit of Hitman Blood Money tonight. Here is a list of things I miss from 2016 and BM:

Blood Money Features I want in 2016:

The rifle case

The newspapers after missions

Human shields

stealing guns in melee

2016 features I missed in Blood Money:

Hiding bodies in more places

The control scheme

Using sound as a distraction

The ability to see through walls, even if its super cheaty

w24s17U.jpg

Tried going guns blazing and taking out all the guards in a level to unwind after getting suit only silent assassin on paris. Turns out the environments feel so darn believable that going in guns blazing was probably one of the most unsettling things I've experienced in a video game. I've headshotted a room full of goons about a million times in video games, but going back through an area and seeing a waiter on his smartphone calling friends or family to tell them about the psycho killer at work was a little too much.

I got rid of the hackers and two guards, and then emetic poisoned him so he would go to the bathroom. Instead he went to the trashcan, so I tried improvising by throwing something towards the toilet as he ended vomiting, hoping he might move close enough to drown. Instead, 47 threw the screwdriver at his head and I failed.

Oh, and apparently without communicating it, they decided to allow lethal poison even though it's not an accident. :tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

I ended up just shuffling around this elusive target until I could

shove him off a balcony. Not sure what made him get up from that area? Pretty cool setup, either way.

On 12/26/2016 at 1:25 PM, quine said:

Charge Guy, Tree Guy, Ice Guy, Bendy Guy

PC Contract

1-10-5593673-68

I finally did this! It's really fun and showed me a few cool things I hadn't noticed in Hokkaido. I recorded my run through, which ends with a small but very significant oversight. I need to find time to make a Thumbs episode-themed contract. I just spent a long while making one for Dan Teasdale's Cheffo series, if anyone wants to have a go at it:

UtGKSme.jpg

It ended up taking a surprisingly long time. I really wish you could save during contract creation.

Fucked the latest elusive target. He saw me trying to poison his glass. One thing led to another, and after playing cat and mouse with a baseball bat in the upper floor of the house for a good while as I cleared a path to the nearest window to drop him out of, I got shot on the way out at point blank range. Went to hit a guy with the bat, instead bent to snap the neck of an unconscious guy at my feet (thanks context sensitive button prompts) and was gunned down.

:(

Tried to get silent assassin on this run, I want those outfits! #FashionHitman

I almost did it stealthily but meleed instead of injecting enigmatic poison, had already knocked out the guard but had to beat down the two hackers. tossed him over the stairwell, tried to leave, had to go back for the files. Some day I will get silent assassin on an Elusive.

Almost got Silent Assassin, but got a little too eager running through a door and was spotted by a suspicious hacker. This one was definitely more interesting than the last couple. The kill conditions and extra objectives helped make it not-so-straightforward.

On 1/13/2017 at 11:04 PM, Cbirdsong said:

I ended up just shuffling around this elusive target until I could

Reveal hidden contents

shove him off a balcony. Not sure what made him get up from that area? Pretty cool setup, either way.

The nearby hacker has an interacting cycle where he plays voice clips for the target to mimic. If you interrupt it, the target wonders aloud about what's happened to him, and then takes a break.

I will second the No Goblin Cheffo runs. I started making a series of contracts that was inspired by them, but when Dan solicited viewer contracts, I submitted them. On PC: 1-02-6626125-93, 1-03-3041984-93, 1-06-1633125-93, 1-08-6072938-93, 1-09-4360804-93, 1-10-4758242-93. They're not all that hard, mostly just fitting a mission around a dumb narrative thread, but I had fun making them.

New bonus episode, back to Sapienza! Also the bonus episodes will be available for purchase if you didn't buy the whole pack

yay got my first elusive after flubbing the last two! and 4/5 hitmans to boot. Would have got silent assassin but someone saw me stick him with an emetic syringe. really could have been more careful in finding the right time and place for that.

Got Silent Assassin after a bit of a false start. Found the perfect place to lure the target into a concealed spot, and then slightly weird pathing made him shortcut just barely around the spot 3 times in a row. A quick restart and then I pulled it off perfectly.

On 1/28/2017 at 2:10 AM, Wooben said:

yay got my first elusive after flubbing the last two! and 4/5 hitmans to boot. Would have got silent assassin but someone saw me stick him with an emetic syringe. really could have been more careful in finding the right time and place for that.

I got my first elusive SA with the ol' puke butt poke, in this position: 

I went for the exact same position, but took that waiter outside the bathroom out beforehand to be safe. Unfortunately, I was a tad too early, getting him just as he walks in between the pillar and the box, so one of the other models on the catwalk saw me :(

The new Hitman content is very good. Another free Sapienza mission, plus a challenge mode that makes the game harder in interesting ways.

20 minutes ago, sclpls said:

The new Hitman content is very good. Another free Sapienza mission, plus a challenge mode that makes the game harder in interesting ways.

It is locked behind mastery level 20 on each destination, though.

Does getting to level 20 require completing ALL challenges? Because that could get a little dreary.

1 hour ago, Wooben said:

It is locked behind mastery level 20 on each destination, though.

Does getting to level 20 require completing ALL challenges? Because that could get a little dreary.

No, quite far from it. Some challenges will give you more experience, but it's pretty easy to fill up mastery by fucking around a whole bunch. Even completing elusive targets gives some mastery experience, so as long as you're doing things, you'll get there.

1 hour ago, thenexus6 said:

Getting the soundtrack for free was a nice touch! 

Wait, where? How? Gimme gimme gimme!

18 hours ago, Cordeos said:

Wait, where? How? Gimme gimme gimme!

After the newest update when you sign in you get sent an email with a link to download a 12 track soundtrack and making of doc.

KudbVLB.png