Cordeos

Hitman: Steve Gaynor Edition

I haven't had energy to play the Colorado episode through yet. It's partly because I was busy, but mostly because it's just not the same when it's not in public. I'm worried Japan will be the same deal.

1 hour ago, brkl said:

I haven't had energy to play the Colorado episode through yet. It's partly because I was busy, but mostly because it's just not the same when it's not in public. I'm worried Japan will be the same deal.

The Japan level is taking place in a hospital so I think it will be more like the standard Hitman levels.

I appear to be part of a minority that enjoyed Colorado. I like that they changed up the formula and made a more dangerous level. Once you get an initial disguise it acts mostly like every other level and has a lot of well done opportunities. There is also a bonkers easter egg that was a lot of fun to find and do.

I don't want to critisize it. It seems very well done, but doesn't hold my interest. Mixing up the formula is definitely a good thing. 

First impressions of the level are that it's a pretty good one. I found it pretty tough at first, but once I got a hold of my first disguise, it was pretty easy to start moving things forward.

I'd write more, but I don't know how to add spoiler tags since the look of the forums changed.

33 minutes ago, prettyunsmart said:

First impressions of the level are that it's a pretty good one. I found it pretty tough at first, but once I got a hold of my first disguise, it was pretty easy to start moving things forward.

I'd write more, but I don't know how to add spoiler tags since the look of the forums changed.

Its the same as before [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] without the spaces

Hokkaido spoiler

47 crushing the heart in his hands and then throwing it in the trash killed me. I can't wait to hear the inevitable Thumbs discussion about this.

19 minutes ago, Cordeos said:

Its the same as before [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] without the spaces

Ahh. But there's no list I can just select it from so I don't need to remember how to type it out manually. Anyway.

I finished it with the yoga and heart crushing opportunities. Not being able to pick locks or find keycards really threw me off at first, but I eventually worked around it by jumping a guard walking around on a balcony by himself. I tried to use the computer system to off the guy in surgery but the AI brought him back to life. I never did figure out what outfit gets you into the AI's core.

Also, I'm not crazy about the fact that the only way to pick locks in this level is to reach level 15 mastery in Colorado...but that's just me nitpicking at this point. I'm looking forward to jumping back in and trying out some different approaches.

Ugh. The unlocks are so good. I was ready to be done playing and then I hit Mastery level 7.

The ninja costume and the ninja stars. Obviously this is how I need to finish the mission for the third time

I think Hitman people have watched/retweeted Steve's streams of him playing it. That might be all there is to it.

5 hours ago, prettyunsmart said:

Ahh. But there's no list I can just select it from so I don't need to remember how to type it out manually. Anyway.

Hide contents

I finished it with the yoga and heart crushing opportunities. Not being able to pick locks or find keycards really threw me off at first, but I eventually worked around it by jumping a guard walking around on a balcony by himself. I tried to use the computer system to off the guy in surgery but the AI brought him back to life. I never did figure out what outfit gets you into the AI's core.

Also, I'm not crazy about the fact that the only way to pick locks in this level is to reach level 15 mastery in Colorado...but that's just me nitpicking at this point. I'm looking forward to jumping back in and trying out some different approaches.

i found some of the hacking devices in a bathroom on the staff floor

1 hour ago, thenexus6 said:

I had a go on it earlier, its really awesome. Love the look and feel. Need to play more though

I got to master level 15 last night. Hoping to get to 20 tonight. I really want the W2000 sniper rifle, even if they renamed it and don't have the suitcase version yet.

Also master 20 unlocks your equipment slots which will make the level a lot easier/more fun to mess around in

That's interesting. If they do release a second season packaged as DLC, you'll be able to do that on every mission going forward. 

14 minutes ago, Cbirdsong said:

That's interesting. If they do release a second season packaged as DLC, you'll be able to do that on every mission going forward. 

I think its specific for this mission, you don't get to start with a pistol and two pieces of equipment in this one. before you get to mastery 4 or 5 you don't even get a smuggled item.

I actually used to play previous games like this, it requires a lot more improvisation which can be quite fun. My first play through of Hokkaido involved a lot of bumbling around, killing non-targets, hiding bodies and generally just exploring the map as much as possible. I killed 8 extra people and had a few close calls where I started melee just in time to stop someone shooting.

On 10/31/2016 at 6:21 PM, Cordeos said:

Reveal hidden contents

i found some of the hacking devices in a bathroom on the staff floor

I was wrong about this, I forgot that I had them as my smuggled item. I did find out how to get the universal unlock key though. Its pretty tricky without the hack devices however.

Got to mastery 20 and the rifle isn't in a suitcase :( Perhaps in season 2.....

b00878d5225ebdd25eb1016b0d83513bbcb6b86b

Just got SASO on Hokkaido with some cheatin' hitman-ish action

Stashed item: pistol in the staff bathroom (I have the super-quiet gold one)

1. Go to the highest part of the garden area, grab the hammer in the toolbox

2. Drop down the pipes to the medical staff quarters, grab the implant trigger

3. Go to the staff shower, knock out the guy in the shower, grab your stashed gun

4. Go to the morgue, toss the hammer in the corner to distract the doctors

5. Run to the lightswitch in the hallway on the right, turn it off. Hide on the gurney by the switch.

6. When one of the doctors comes over, hop off the gurney and knock him out. Immediately turn the light on so the other doctor doesn't come over.

7. Knock out the other doctor. Stash both of them in a closet in the morgue. Retrieve hammer.

8. Destroy the video recorder.

9. Go up the stairs near the recorder and run up the hallway until the implant trigger is in range. Use it.

10. Run back down the stairs, hide on the gurney near the door to the heart storage room.

11. When the chip doctor goes into the heart storage room and his back is turned, knock out the other doctor in the room. Drag him to the door so the AI will open the door.

12. Knock out the chip doctor, destroy the heart, killing Soders. Stash both of them in the little utility room off to the left through the incinerator room. (You can leave one doctor in the door so the AI will keep it open.

<!-- Cheatin' Hitman action below this point - your mileage may vary -->

13. Go to the bathroom and knock out the two guys in here. Stash them in the closets in the toilet stalls/rooms. (For the guy on the toilet, open the door and hide around the corner, then chuck the hammer at him, so you don't get compromised.)

14. When Yamazaki and her guys roll by, open the door and run out of their line of sight, then chuck the hammer back towards the door. One of them will come and investigate, shut the door behind him and knock him out. This might not actually be necessary, but I'm all about reducing the variables whenever possible.

15. Follow Yamazaki and her bodyguard(s?) to the restaurant. Hide in the seating area to the left of the one with the guard outside.

16. When Yamazaki goes in there and walks to face the window, hop over the divider. Shoot her, hop back over the barrier, and book it to the exit. I was able to make it there without anyone noticing she was dead.

Has anyone found a method for The Mallory Misfortune (the Colorado escalation) that they can share? I strongly suspect that this is glitched and the wrong target is selected, because getting the second guy to the oil barrel/car lift seems pretty much impossible without knocking out 75% of the people in the level. Maybe I just need to "git gud" though.

I had been interested in this, but was holding off because I haven't really gotten along with the Hitman series historically. I bought it a couple weeks ago when it was on sale after the first season wrapped up, and holy shit, this game. I've spent almost 40 hours on it, completing each main mission at least twice and doing a whole bunch of challenges and custom contract stuff.

I really like the idea of the escalation missions, but the few I've completed so far have been really hit-or-miss. I really like when they put my knowledge of a map to the test. The one in Sapienza that ends with the "Katana Plague" modifier is amazing, because it starts with difficult but straightforward goals and then ends with careful consideration right from the planning stage in order to figure out the best path. Then there are garbage ones that end in "there are just mines everywhere, try to find a disarm device I guess!" I either waste a bunch of time trying not to explode while completing objectives, waste a bunch of time trying not to explode while finding the disarm device, or spend 30 seconds on Google finding out where it is so I can just get on with the mission. It's not a real challenge, it's just a bullshit fail-state using the inconvenience of reloading the mission as punishment.

I'm really looking forward to the second season now, playing along when it's still brand new. Getting in on all those elusive targets. Oh, man. Can't wait.

I like the concept of closing off common paths through the levels, but I wish they'd just shut doors rather than use mines. It is not fun to be 3/4 of the way through a run and then trip a mine.