Cordeos

Hitman: Steve Gaynor Edition

I managed to do it with just one kill but I was noticed twice and didn't do anything elegant. I spent most of my time looking for the target and after a frustrating half hour didn't have the patience.

5 successful ones gets you the Absolution suit, and 10 gets you the Blood Money suit. Nothing too special to be honest, and they can't really beat the casual summer wear that you sport in some of the levels.

Yeah I enjoy the challenge more than anything else. I would love if they would open the mission editing options so people could play around with making custom elusive targets, some great ideas might come out of it.

One of the start up tips says you can shoot hanging things to make them fall, and I was surprised, b/c I've tried to shoot lights before & it didn't work. What kinda stuff can I shoot down? I know of two things from paris, but they seemed like special cases?

New Episode sounds pretty cool:

"The story mission for Episode 5 is titled “Freedom Fighters” and is not one to be taken lightly. Agent 47 must infiltrate a Colorado farm compound that has been converted into a private militia training camp. With four targets to locate and take out, this will be an intense infiltration mission and the toughest assignment yet for Agent 47."

https://hitman.com/news/episode-5-release-date

Cool idea for a level. The screenshot looks huge: 

GvNxASa.jpg

I still need to find time to really dig into Bangkok.

Wow a North American extremist Militia setting. That is pretty unique. And a nice way to mix-up the mansion formula.

The screenshot reminds me a little of

For a tacky parody game, it had great level designs, such as an interesting lumber-mill.

Wow a North American extremist Militia setting. That is pretty unique. And a nice way to mix-up the mansion formula.

The screenshot reminds me a little of

For a tacky parody game, it had great level designs, such as an interesting lumber-mill.

It does look like a very large level with a lot of separate buildings, should be interesting.

I killed the Pharmacist! She was a much trickier elusive target then they have had before. Not sure if you fail if/when she leaves, but the fact she will leave is exciting.

I ended up placing a bomb on a wall that she walks past and just blowing her up. I really enjoy how explosive kills look :)

Yeah, I went with a more inelegant solution because I was nervous about the potential time pressure element to this challenge.

I waited in the balcony area by the room with the laptop and when she arrived a just shot her through the window. Normally I wouldn't try such a risky approach where I can get caught out and gunned down by guards, but there was a pipe over the balcony railing that you could take to the ground floor so I figured (correctly) that I could make a quick and safe getaway before I got swarmed by guards.

Yeah, I went with a more inelegant solution because I was nervous about the potential time pressure element to this challenge.

I kind of love the messy hits getting away with a terrible messy hit can feel more satisfying than pulling off a perfect accidental, sniper our poison kill.

Yeah for sure. I need to do more explosive kills. I've had a lot of fun with the explosive rubber duck when I've used that.

Yeah for sure. I need to do more explosive kills. I've had a lot of fun with the explosive rubber duck when I've used that.

I loved using the explosive golf ball in Sapienza. If you threw it at someone it would explode. I had wayyyyy to much fun with that. I am also a fan of dropping a proximity explosive while walking past someone.

I waited in the balcony area by the room with the laptop and when she arrived a just shot her through the window. Normally I wouldn't try such a risky approach where I can get caught out and gunned down by guards, but there was a pipe over the balcony railing that you could take to the ground floor so I figured (correctly) that I could make a quick and safe getaway before I got swarmed by guards.

I basically did this,

but with a thrown letter opener as she walked out on the balcony. I also used the auction attendant outfit on the second floor instead of jumping through hoops to become Helmut or the Sheikh because I was terrified she'd leave quickly. That really made my overall plan far sloppier than my usual elusive target thorough-ness. It did make me feel like a badass to walk on in, get it done, and leave without incident, even if it was a hilariously conspicuous hit.

Also: The target will be around for another few days, so if you're reading this thinking you missed out it's not too late!

I just got The Pharmacist.

I had an attempt two nights ago where I started at the auction, but found quickly that was not a fantastic option because she comes up the back stairs where only bodyguards and auction staff have access.  I quit that out for a variety of reasons after I saw her get into Dalia's office for her meeting and decided to give it a better try later. 

Tonight I started as a stage tech with poison and the explosive cell phone.  I took the auction staff disguise, dropped my gun, grabbed a kitchen knife (lethal thrown melee is so fun in this game), and went upstairs.  While I was looking at what I could set up in this area, she comes walking in with her bodyguards.  Since I had the explosive phone, I decided I'd give it a try.  I dropped it on the stairs and walked off.  She spots the phone (I guess this is the tweak from them saying she's been tipped off that someone's out to get her).  The guard goes ahead to look at the phone, picks it up, and walks back towards her.  I call the phone while they're saying it's nothing.  She just starts to walk away as the guard answers it, and the explosion kills her and both bodyguards.

From there it was onto the balcony, down the long drainpipe to the ground floor, and I just walked out the front gate.

I took penalties for 2 non-target deaths and the discovery of the bodies, but it felt like a solid if safe run for an elusive target.

Colorado just came out:

Four targets this time, this level looks like it could be really hard. A lot of people with big guns wandering around.

7534347883868.613.78482b01e78fe45a39dd90

This level was indeed challenging! First time that to complete a challenge I had to lethally kill a bunch of non-targets. I'm gonna have to think real hard about how to get through it without that crutch!

Also, another super weird thing is I swear more NPCs have British accents than American ones.

Getting mastery points on this level is really easy, I am half way through level 17 after only one night of playing.

Getting mastery points on this level is really easy, I am half way through level 17 after only one night of playing.

I hit level 9 on my first time through. I thought it must be some kind of mistake.

I hit level 9 on my first time through. I thought it must be some kind of mistake.

I think its related to there being four targets who can be hard to take out without using an opportunity. The only one I didn't take out via an opportunity in my first play through was because I had killed so guards and hidden their bodies so the target was just looking away from me all alone. Not going to let that chance pass :)

My first run, I took out two targets without using opportunities.

I used the battering ram and I killed Mask Guy by overdosing the guy he's watching to lure him into the basement.  The activist I killed by poisoning her water in the greenhouse, and the main guy I killed when he strolled into the building I was using and started washing his hands at a basin while everyone's back was to me.  So, I tossed in a remote explosive and blew it up, and since no one saw me throw it, I just walked away.  I was starting to worry that my poison plot wasn't going to work at that stage, but as I'm walking away, I got the notification that she was dead too.

Well, this recent Elusive Target was kind of bullshit. There are a lot of ways to potentially trigger a fail state that the mission doesn't really do a clear job of communicating to the player. Also it is just kind of long & tedious. I don't mind some of these being stupid difficult, but this one is the wrong way to go about it!

Here's a positive bit of tea leaf reading: on various storefronts the "Hitman Complete Pack" has been renamed "Hitman: The Complete First Season"

Excited for this one, especially since I noticed the W-2000 sniper rifle in the trailer, maybe the suitcase rifle is finally going to be added!