Cordeos

Hitman: Steve Gaynor Edition

Yeah the bonus missions were very underwhelming, not a whole lot to do in them.

I never actually beat Marrakesh, just didn't get into that level at all. The latest one is very good though, I've spent an hour or so on it, haven't beaten it yet. I'm still in my scoping out phase, lots of ways to get around, lots of disguises to use, lots of Intel to find. Pretty much all the things I thought were lacking in Marrakesh.

Exterminator:

So as far as I can tell the gas only knocks people out, which is fine but they don't ever seem to return to normal. I had a plan to get upstairs evacuated, swap the mics then tell the hotel manager it's all OK but as far as I can tell you can't? If I wait long enough will they go back? Seems like it wants me to poison the lobby, but the problem with that is when I do this and then change to another disguise a lot of people are still suspicious of me. :/

If you just have them evacuate you can go up and fiddle around without interruptions. They will eventually go back up

I'll try that method again then.

Seems like releasing the poison leaves the level in a weird state for a long time with an alarm going off and everyone basically frozen on the spot, even if they're nowhere near the atrium. Looks like they're doing a weird bad dance. Never waited long enough to see if it comes to an end.[/spolier]

I've only done two murderous rampages. Proper kills aren't very easy in this one.

I've only done two murderous rampages. Proper kills aren't very easy in this one.

I found it tough be sneaky for the secondary target, but with the right disguise you can get really close to the primary target pretty easily.

My favorite method so far is to follow the defective microphone opportunity. If you do, you'll wind up in a suite with both the deadly mic and a passed out crew member who you can take some clothes from. With that outfit, you can walk right up to the recording studio (you won't even get frisked!).

I found it tough be sneaky for the secondary target, but with the right disguise you can get really close to the primary target pretty easily.

My favorite method so far is to follow the defective microphone opportunity. If you do, you'll wind up in a suite with both the deadly mic and a passed out crew member who you can take some clothes from. With that outfit, you can walk right up to the recording studio (you won't even get frisked!).

Along those lines:

My first attempt, I took down the new drummer who had just arrived.  I went up to 47's suite, and noticed that he would go out onto the balcony directly below the room.  Slid down the drainpipe, climbed onto the balcony, hid in the other room that opens onto the balcony.  When he came out the next time, I used remote audio to draw him to my side of the balcony, knocked him out, and stole his clothes.  Nice touch here: everyone in the cafe just met this guy, so they're all suspicious, but almost everyone else doesn't know.

With those clothes, you can walk right into the recording studio and right up to your first target.  If you follow the opportunity, he actually takes you out to a spot and sends all his guards away, leaving the two of you alone. You also get a bit of 47: Professional Drummer.

As a PSA Steve Gaynor created a contract for Hitman. I have been toying with the idea of starting up an Idle Thumbs group dedicated to creating and playing each others contracts, I think it could be fun :-)

I toyed with that idea, but there wasn't a way to share contracts. Is there one now?

The level is fun, but it definitely feels rushed..

Recycled Paris music, NPC dialogue (i've overheard characters say lines like "great work on the cat walk").

Along with the normal only three actors voicing every single NPC apart from the British band.. 

Yeah, and they have that Trumpalike dude spouting nonsense and small touches like that. I don't get that impression at all, although I haven't gotten any mentions about cat walks. Those would obviously be off.

This wasn't exactly Silent Assassin, but it was quick!

post-6685-0-62758400-1471693165_thumb.jpg

The other was easier with the security outfit.

post-6685-0-74359800-1471693944_thumb.jpg

I think I'd rather watch Chris do these than do them myself, though.

Here's the one I made a while ago hoping to get Chris to stream it. I forgot to write any clever text for it, though :(

post-6685-0-53053300-1471701654_thumb.jpg

I just unlocked the bomb phone in Bangkok. I am interested to see if it works in other levels or just for this one.

All of the stuff you unlock work on all levels!

I thought there might have been a specific event for the exploding phone, but it acts like any other explosive.

Well, it rings and attracts attention. 

EDIT: Man, the game just stopped working for me. I get the green Windows message box and the Steam overlay works, but apart from that just a black screen.

OK, man, the darkest thing I've seen in Hitman for a while is in this mission, having to do with the birthday party.

So I start with a kitchen outfit, grab the "27" for the birthday cake, and run upstairs to the party room.  I started the mission with lethal poison, so when I get there, I poison the cake and put the topper on it.  I hang out in the room to see what happens.  The rock star comes in, sees the cake, and is very excited until he's told that his father left very specific instructions.  This causes him to pause, like he's not sure he wants this cake if it's from his father.  He leans in and runs his finger across the top of the cake and licks it from his finger.  And then he pauses and groans in frustration "Aw, it's perfect!  He even got the dates right, the Algerian ones I like."  And then the poison starts to take effect, and his dialogue is in stammers as he says something like "Something's wrong.  I don't - I think the cake's-", and then a brief pause, and manages to say a hurt and accusatory "Dad?" before he spends like 30 seconds coughing and choking, ultimately falling over dead.

So, basically, he dies thinking that his father poisoned him.

I killed the new Elusive Target, although I kinda have to rack that up as a failure.

I found the room where the target was, but when I tried to go in, I ran immediately into Knowing Shotgun Guard,  I had to incapacitate him, but that got noticed and now both of them are looking at me and I'm not going to be able to figure out who's who.  So I shot them both.  This isn't like the Twins where you can't kill the other guy, but I only figured out who was who when I shot the first guy and the objective didn't clear.

Here's how the Elusive Target went down for me:

I knock out the two guards in the area right before the room with the elusive target. Unfortunately when I use the keycard on the door I neglected to move one of the bodies out of view so the non-target civilian goes over to check it out so I end up having to kill everyone with the pistol. Very inelegant. Whoops! But a win is a win I suppose...

Failed pretty hard at this one within about five minutes. Not my best showing. Gunned down in the attic. The rewards for these any good? 

5 successful ones gets you the Absolution suit, and 10 gets you the Blood Money suit. Nothing too special to be honest, and they can't really beat the casual summer wear that you sport in some of the levels.