Cordeos

Hitman: Steve Gaynor Edition

It's just weird because prior to the last few days I was able to run the game at high settings without any real problems, possibly a slight hickup when the mission first starts up, but that's about it... My specs are slightly better than the recommended one.

It's just weird because prior to the last few days I was able to run the game at high settings without any real problems, possibly a slight hickup when the mission first starts up, but that's about it... My specs are slightly better than the recommended one.

I have seen reports that some patches cause performance issues, hopefully it will be resolved.

I have had performance issues when playing over my Steam Link, but it's fine on my actual computer.

Elusive target mission report:

Snuck into the gazebo area as Helmut Kruger, but couldn't really find a moment alone with the dude. I attempted to grab a knife, thinking a thrown knife would be less conspicuous than a gunshot, but someone spotted me and freaked out, so I restarted with a sniper rifle hidden in the stairway. I snuck it up to the second floor balcony overlooking the helicopter, but had no good angles on the gazebo - a tree was perfectly placed to block almost all of the party. I eventually managed to get up to the third floor as a Cicada guard and found an almost-empty spot to take the shot from. The nearby guard didn't think aiming with a sniper rifle wasn't suspicious until I took the shot, and before he could do much I was on the way down a gutter. I took a few shots from guards on the ground, but managed to hop in a second story window and walk out the front door without any more trouble.

My score was hot garbage, but I did it.

Is there a way to get up on the actual roof in Paris? I haven't fully explored the attic.

I have had performance issues when playing over my Steam Link, but it's fine on my actual computer.

Elusive target mission report:

Snuck into the gazebo area as Helmut Kruger, but couldn't really find a moment alone with the dude. I attempted to grab a knife, thinking a thrown knife would be less conspicuous than a gunshot, but someone spotted me and freaked out, so I restarted with a sniper rifle hidden in the stairway. I snuck it up to the second floor balcony overlooking the helicopter, but had no good angles on the gazebo - a tree was perfectly placed to block almost all of the party. I eventually managed to get up to the third floor as a Cicada guard and found an almost-empty spot to take the shot from. The nearby guard didn't think aiming with a sniper rifle wasn't suspicious until I took the shot, and before he could do much I was on the way down a gutter. I took a few shots from guards on the ground, but managed to hop in a second story window and walk out the front door without any more trouble.

My score was hot garbage, but I did it.

Is there a way to get up on the actual roof in Paris? I haven't fully explored the attic.

I don't think so, the auction is the highest part as far as i know.

Okay, so the game magically returned to its old performance rate - i.e. great! Yay!

Did middle of the road with this elusive target.

So I had no idea how to really safely & discretely murder him in the area. So I started the mission off with a lockpick and a sniper rifle in the tool shed. I grab the sniper rifle, and unlock the gate by the side of the shed that leads to that oil drill type boat next to the premise. I get to the top there and that happily is a pretty good location to take him out from. Of course the problem with this method was the body gets discovered right away, but hey, at least I made it out cleanly!

I have odd problems and crashes if I run the game in DX 12. If you have more problems, try DX 11.I wonder what I'm missing.

Oh, man, I got so greedy and failed the new one in about a minute! Just couldn't not pull the trigger with him in my sights.

Man, I forgot to try this last night. I've missed every single elusive target event so far :(

I have odd problems and crashes if I run the game in DX 12. If you have more problems, try DX 11.I wonder what I'm missing.

Haha yeah I stuck with DX11 the whole time because when I did the benchmark test for DX12 I got max 12 frames per second.

I think I get better performance but it always crashes pretty soon :/

I had my first crash last night, but it happened when i was trying to kill everyone a well known way to break the game

Man, I forgot to try this last night. I've missed every single elusive target event so far :(

There's still like 3 hours left on the timer I think.

Finally got to mastery level 20 on Marrakesh, I am getting good at save scumming to complete multiple challenges quickly.

This guy makes my favorite Hitman videos:

New Elusive Target

This looks like a hard one, can't wait to get home and give it a wack.

Nice, I will for sure do this one, really.

Though I might have to do a little more time on Marrakesh first. Like the thumbs stream, I haven't unlocked much there.

It's tough to unlock as much in Marrakech because there are only two escalations and they are damn hard.

It's tough to unlock as much in Marrakech because there are only two escalations and they are damn hard.

It took me a little while, but I have been getting really good at save scumming to get as many master points as I can in one go. The best unlock, starting as an elite soldier, is somewhere near lvl 10 as well. 

I am going to have to finally put in some hours in Marrakesh this weekend. I feel like I need a good 2-3 hours to really get a feel for each new level, so I've only briefly walked around Marrakesh, and have been doing older escalations when I had a few minutes to play.

got the target

My plan almost failed. I started as a soldier and took the proximity duck with the plan of the old toss and sprint. I got into the garage no problem but when I threw the duck the target bolted before it went off. Luckily I was heading for the embassy front entrance exit as he and his two bodyguards were heading for the escape tunnel. I hid behind an APC and as they moved past I shot him several times then fled up the stairs. Escaped out into the market and got away. Not clean, but I got it done.

Yeah, I'm at 15 now. You get some good stuff in the later levels. Man, the second escalation was so tough. I killed like 11 extra people when I finally managed to finish it. No points, but it's done.

EDIT: I failed the last elusive target, so now I got really cheap. It's hard, you'd like to follow them around and see what they are about, but you can also die really quickly in this game. Anyway, I'm leaving for Wales tomorrow so I had to just get it done and shot the fellow in the forehead.

I did my first Elusive Target!

i started as an elite soldier and went into the consulate, expecting to get to the basement from there, not knowing a keycard was required. After a comedy of errors while looking for the card in which I was able to tag everyone with wrenches just before they sounded an alarm, I finally looked up a youtube video and saw that the key isn't even in the consulate, but there's a front door to the garage you can walk into. Once finally down there, i wandered around a lot trying to find a way to separate the target, but everything was staying pretty static and I didn't want to risk pulling the fire alarm. I found a good angle from the corner of the garage, pulled the trigger (3 times) and walked out the door.

This one actually seems pretty easy, maybe even possible to do a suit-only? Over the wall into the front area of the consulate, through the locked door, hand out behind the military vehicle, shoot the guy with a silenced pistol, and walk back out.

The next elusive target will be one of a pair of twins. You need to kill one and not even touch the other. Sounds fun, but really hard.

Ahaha, I can't believe that worked. First try too, didn't replan or anything.

I had the remote duck. I managed to drop it in front of the target, who picked it up. Then I waited until they were separated for a couple of seconds and blew him up.

There are now three escalation missions in Marrakesh. They are pretty different from what shipped with the game. Worth doing IMO.