Cordeos

Hitman: Steve Gaynor Edition

I made a lot of mistakes, found a weird bug, and then I died. 

First I went into the sewer and shot a guard to take this outfit. When I killed him his character model stood up in an arms out position and seemed invisible to the other guards. Weird but it worked. I got into the church area by climbing the wall next to the morgue, grabbed the church key from one of the back rooms of the church, and went down to grab the priest outfit. This was a bad idea and I was spotted as soon as I got back upstairs so I just ran down, changed back into the security uniform and everything was fine. I found the dude and followed him around for a bit to learn his pattern and was able to snag his personal bodyguard as they were walking upstairs from the basement. The dude went to pray in front of a statue in the back of the courtyard so i went to the other side and tried to shoot him discreetly from there (horrible idea i know but it worked for me in an escalation mission and figured to try it again). I missed the shot and I was seen so all like 40 bodyguards shot me and i died in like 3 seconds. Really wish I came up with like an actual plan lmao

I grabbed the costume of the mortician dude to get into the church. All I had was my fiber wire and an exploding golf ball. I made it fairly far, getting myself into the same room as the target, but then like three different people recognized me at once and I was summarily gunned down. Sad times. 

I got in through the morgue then got a priest outfit and started trailing the target to see if I'd get him alone. He eventually went over to some small building off to the side where I could get to a spot where no one could see me. While he was there I threw a knife at his face, hid around the corner while the guards searched then managed to run away and escape on the docks.

What are you guys doing for your standard loadout?

Right now I start with the either the remote explosive or poison (the other one will be my stashed item), the silverballer and lock pick.  I found that the fiber wire isn't all that useful and stopped bringing it. Still waiting on the suitcase W2000 sniper rifle.

I am also really starting to get annoyed by the unlocks, I wish you got to pick. I really just want the gear, don't care about stash or starting locations as much.

Interesting:

We are excited to announce the release of the Summer Bonus Episode for HITMAN on July 19th. 

The Summer Bonus Episode consists of two separate ICA missions which catalogue Agent 47’s first trips to both Sapienza and Marrakesh. This Episode is not part of the story arc of HITMAN, being previous ICA missions they are set apart from the main story.

2995979233425.01.bb1f6ce240f75821bde415c

The Icon
When the town of Sapienza is taken over by a film crew shooting a new sci-fi blockbuster. Agent 47 must aim to retire one of the cast members during a climactic scene being staged late at night in the town square. 

2995755696976.215.cfb638d8cfafff1a596d0d

A House Built on Sand
Set at the frenetic night markets in Marrakesh, a mole for a major construction company is about to sell secrets to their largest rivals. Agent 47 is tasked with making sure the leak stops there. 

The Summer Bonus Episode will also present a range of new in-game Challenges and Opportunities and an entirely new setting for Escalation Contracts and Elusive Targets. 

Each location will have a completely different feel when you revisit it. The Icon, set in Sapienza will even have a crazy giant killer robot, which allows us to show what we can do with HITMAN as a live game and it also feels like the perfect midway point of the season before the final three locations; Thailand, the United States and the season finale in Japan arrive later in 2016. 

We'll be talking more about the Summer Bonus Episode throughout E3. Stay tuned!

https://hitman.com/en-us/news/hitman-summer-bonus-episode-announced

I really hope the Sci Fi one is where we kill Gary Busey

Those bonus episodes sound cool. So what is the 4th location?

I guess I'm confused because they said there would be 7 locations. Are they counting the tutorial?

Edit: Just to be clear, not complaining, I've already spent 40 hours playing this game so it is not like it is a rip off or anything, just genuinely don't understand.

I guess I'm confused because they said there would be 7 locations. Are they counting the tutorial?

Edit: Just to be clear, not complaining, I've already spent 40 hours playing this game so it is not like it is a rip off or anything, just genuinely don't understand.

It is listed on the destinations so i guess so. It will be interesting to see what they do after the end of this 'season'

The 7th episode is a mystery location, right?

"season finale in Japan" makes me think no. but I could be wrong 

If you have any questions about the release strategy of Hitman, please consult this handy infographics:

13304696880230.332.4f674c192dcfe394cadea

Neat, glad this one is in Paris since I haven't finished unlocking Marrakech yet.

Looks very snipeable as well :)

Also a neat piece about how repetition makes Hitman good:

EDIT
Got the elusive target

Was super easy, started as a lighting guy on the second floor, got the sheik disguise scoped out the shot from the pile driver. Got a guard disguise from near the boat. Got the sniper rifle I had stashed in the garden shed. Got a head shot and set off the fireworks just for fun :)

A dev from the Hitman team was on Giant Bomb's E3 show tonight, talking about a bunch of cool things.  Fun fact from the show, the elusive targets, unlike the story missions, have actual randomness.  For example, when there was the second elusive target, someone I talked to mentioned how they were able to poison him when he goes to the wine cellar and drinks some wine.  I wanted to do that, but I never saw him drink anything when he was down in the wine cellar.

Turns out, the reason why is that the Congressman has a 25% chance of actually taking that drink, which is part of the devs trying to introduce some randomness so that poison kills aren't so easy.

You know that schedule is out of date, right? Or was that a goof that just went over my head? :)

Yes, it was a goof about how messy the release of this game was. :)

I wonder if we got the "Six campaign missions" of the original intro pack (Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh) already.

A dev from the Hitman team was on Giant Bomb's E3 show tonight, talking about a bunch of cool things.  Fun fact from the show, the elusive targets, unlike the story missions, have actual randomness.  For example, when there was the second elusive target, someone I talked to mentioned how they were able to poison him when he goes to the wine cellar and drinks some wine.  I wanted to do that, but I never saw him drink anything when he was down in the wine cellar.

Turns out, the reason why is that the Congressman has a 25% chance of actually taking that drink, which is part of the devs trying to introduce some randomness so that poison kills aren't so easy.

Nice, will that video get posted online at some point?

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-live-at-e3-2016-day-01/2300-11346/ is the video archive of last night's show.  I think the Square Enix folks are the 3rd set of guests? 

Another fun thing from the video is that apparently the clearance rate on the elusive targets has been right around 50%, and the Silent Assassin rate is like 5%.  That really, really makes me want to get SA on an elusive target now.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-live-at-e3-2016-day-01/2300-11346/ is the video archive of last night's show.  I think the Square Enix folks are the 3rd set of guests? 

Another fun thing from the video is that apparently the clearance rate on the elusive targets has been right around 50%, and the Silent Assassin rate is like 5%.  That really, really makes me want to get SA on an elusive target now.

I feel like part of that is the risk of something going wrong makes people less likely to try for a perfect hit. I am currently 2/2 of the ones I've tried, One went extremely well, the other was almost a disaster. 

Anyone else have performance issues with the game recently? Within the last few days I'm dropping frame rates like crazy, and even when I change the video settings as low as possible the game is essentially unplayable. Loading missions also takes considerably longer. I tried doing the elusive target yesterday, but it was impossible for me. :-(

Anyone else have performance issues with the game recently? Within the last few days I'm dropping frame rates like crazy, and even when I change the video settings as low as possible the game is essentially unplayable. Loading missions also takes considerably longer. I tried doing the elusive target yesterday, but it was impossible for me. :-(

Not that I noticed, but I am a good bit past the recommended specs.