Cordeos

Hitman: Steve Gaynor Edition

…rat poisoning the bolognese… …rat poisoned the golf coach… …poisoned the rats…

Good

I'm having a tough time finding rat poison in the town. It used to be everywhere!

Apparently Nappi took it all for themselves.

Yeah sorry, I took all that shit. You will have to make do with expired spaghetti sauce or something. Spiking water or champagne may be tough, but it should work nicely with meals and Bloody Marys.

Oh, and I also took all the coins.

I appreciate your occasionally non-stealthy approach. I want to start intentionally using some of the "loud" items rather than just pulling them out in a desperate attempt to salvage a run gone bad.

I am a huge fan of setting something up to kill them when I am not around/in the same room, explosives are often an easy way to do that.

The golf ball is pretty awesome. What other explosive parts am I missing?

You can also use the cannons in the castle to blow people up, and there are a ton of explosive propane tanks lying around the mansion.

My in-laws were visiting this weekend so I didn't have a chance to pursue the elusive target. :-(

I was busy for much of the weekend. I sat down to give it a try on Sunday afternoon to realize that I'd missed it. I'll try to get the next one. For anyone who had the chance to try it out, how did it go? 

It went well for me. It was really cool to go back to the Paris level; I hadn't played it for about a month, but since I'd played so much of it earlier it felt incredibly familiar and somewhat nostalgic to go back; like visiting an old friend. A cool thing I noticed in the first 2 minutes of my run is that the Elusive contracts have some unique NPC dialogue, to help frame the new character and give the player an indication of where they might be hanging out. My playthrough started in the attic, where I heard 2 bodyguards talking about the target and how excessive his art collection was. One mentioned in passing that he had an apartment on the second floor, so I took one of their disguises and scoured the second floor for more clues. I soon found his office; a place that I'd been to several times before to pick up the key for the speedboat. What surprised me is that all of the set dressing in the room was so clearly tailored to signal that this was where this character lived; but all of the previous times I had been in there I had had no context, so I'd had no reason to notice it. It was a really weird and good experience to have an area you're pretty familiar with be recontextualised like that. Anyway, I found his office, but he wasn't in there, so I looked around a few other places and eventually found him in the attic, poring over some paintings and talking to his bodyguard. At this point, I stopped to read a text message on my phone without pausing the game and I lost the target. It was pretty baffling and hilarious to run around the immediate area looking for him; and a problem I'd never had to deal with before since targets are usually marked on the map. I went back to his office to wait for him, and he arrived less than a minute later with his bodyguard and took a phone call. I lured his bodyguard into an adjacent room and knocked him out with a bust, then waited for the target to finish his phone call before throwing a screwdriver at him. (I yelled "screw you!" as I did this). I stuffed both bodies in a convenient wardrobe, and left the level by speedboat.

Also, a thing that made the experience more fun/ridiculous was to play with this music playing in the background as I made my escape:

It was marred a bit for me because it doesn't work like Spelunky's Daily Challenge, for example. You can restart unless you die. So I did that and found a way to push him over a ledge without too many problems. It was still pretty tense.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/25/when-does-hitman-episode-3-come-out/

"Following up on the big fashion show event in Paris and the expansive nature of Sapienza, we knew that Marrakesh had to be something extraordinary. So the team set out to build a location that was both teeming with life and things to do. Marrakesh has been built with a maze of alleys, a range of souls that line the medina walls and a fully-fledged shisha café. Moving upwards, players can enjoy the shade on the rooftop terraces of Marrakesh.
“Just beyond the busy marketplace, you’ll find an architectural marvel in the shape of the Swedish Consulate building. The very embodiment of minimalistic Scandinavian design;, a mix of glass, concrete and wood offering a powerful contrast to the blazing heat just outside its walls."

Really hoping there is a way to get the riot to create chaos during which you can pull off an assassination or cover your escape. I really love the idea of using the crowd as a distraction.

Really hoping there is a way to get the riot to create chaos during which you can pull off an assassination or cover your escape. I really love the idea of using the crowd as a distraction.

I don't think the mechanics work like that do they? Which is a shame. When all hell breaks loose at the fashion show the security well see you through the crowds.

It needs a 'Hold O to Blend in' when in crowds, perhaps when only wearing certain outfits that would be good. They could add it you never know

One thing that assassins creed got right 9 years ago

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/26/hitman-episode-3-hands-on/

"You can’t start a revolution in Hitman‘s Marrakesh episode, but Lord knows I have tried. Seeking to create the impression of a brutal state crackdown, I’ve dressed up as a soldier and opened fire on the crowd from a checkpoint. I’ve lugged cans of propane right across the map, dropped them near placard-waving civvies and blown everybody up with a silenced pistol. I’ve sucker-punched foreign officials, hurled bricks at marchers – done whatever I can to transform the level’s outpouring of public discontent into a full-blown civil war. And for my troubles I’ve been treated to an efficient, orderly death and the sight of a dozen, so-called leftwing firebrands cowering in terror as the army closes in. Honestly – is it any wonder you radicals are sweltering beneath capitalism’s golden hoof when one little blast cloud is too much to bear?"

Damn. Sounds like the level is good thought :)

No, there's one you can unlock in Paris and bring to Sapienza. The unlocks aren't restricted to the level you unlock them on.

Stupid thought of the day so far: "I've had a productive morning working from home. I'll take a break for a few minutes and check out the new Hitman level." 

ngSqiAg.png

Or maybe I'll take a break in several hours when the game finishes downloading 7GB of stuff.

Oooh, another new level? I just escalated France and haven't even done a Sapienza escalation yet. It almost feels like they're coming out too quick.

Oooh, another new level? I just escalated France and haven't even done a Sapienza escalation yet. It almost feels like they're coming out too quick.

I haven't done all of the escalations, but I did get both Paris and Sapienza to mastery 20. Between this, Overwatch, and the Witcher expansion, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with stuff to play at the moment. 

I haven't done all of the escalations, but I did get both Paris and Sapienza to mastery 20. Between this, Overwatch, and the Witcher expansion, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with stuff to play at the moment. 

Did you do this just by doing every single opportunity, or is there some other trick to getting more mastery? I'm at 10 in both places and it feels like a heck of a grind to get to 20.

Did you do this just by doing every single opportunity, or is there some other trick to getting more mastery? I'm at 10 in both places and it feels like a heck of a grind to get to 20.

I think I ended up doing all of the main opportunities, but I didn't complete nearly all of the challenges. Basically, I found it pretty fun to look through the challenges and plan out runs where I complete a bunch of challenges at once ("OK, I can get the flower delivery disguise which will complete one challenge, then disguise myself as the golf pro and complete another one. Then I'll try to eliminate Silvio with a cannon and make my escape by speed boat completing two more.")

Doing it that way, it didn't take too many runs to get to 20. But then again, I was bored at the time with not too much else to play. 

I just finished my first successful Marrakesh run. I was a bit skeptical at first because the level seems so crowded. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get a disguise without being noticed. Luckily, I wandered off the main streets and was able to pull a plan together.

I wandered upstairs in a shop in the market to find a woman on the phone talking about the tunnels running from a shoe store to the consulate. I found the shoe store, made my way into the tunnels after stealing a guard disguise, and triggered an evacuation for the banker. I slipped into his guard detail and walked with them over to the school where the general had set up his temporary compound. When I arrived, I heard the two guards talking about the prisoner the general was going to interrogate, so I followed up on that, getting an officer outfit, sending the guards in his room away, and taking the prisoner's place. Then the general showed up, allowing me the chance to take him out. From there, I just needed to walk upstairs to take out the banker and run like hell for the exit. Not the most exciting run, but it worked.

Anybody find a particularly silly/over the top way to finish the mission yet?