Cordeos

Hitman: Steve Gaynor Edition

That's the most disturbing thing I've seen in this game by a long margin.

Bed bananas makes weird stuff

After the newest patch the game no longer runs for more than a couple of minutes. Man, what a drag.

Wow, the new level is gorgeous! Took me forever to get through it because I spent most of my time just exploring rather than pursuing objectives. Definitely gonna be playing this one a ton to try and find all the little secrets it has to offer.

New level is great.  I've made two runs at it so far and got my Silent Assassin rating, and there's still a lot of area I really haven't explored.  From what I've seen, Suit Only will be a serious challenge.

The last time I was running through I found the safe house that's mentioned, and inside there is an

exploding golf ball

.  I now know what my next playthrough is going to be based around.

The first time I booted up Paris I was taken back by how cool / big the map was. I spent maybe 1-2 hours just running around exploring then played it tons. Now have it pretty much locked down.

With episode two I don't even know where to begin.. this is some next level shit. God damn.

I have to admit, apart from the lame being online requirement and the fact the narrative gets a little confusing / hard to follow with the massive gaps but releasing this game episodically was definitely the right choice.

Initially I was annoyed and just wanted it all at once on disk, but this way you get massive content packed levels every 4-6 weeks which you get hyped for. Then you play the hell out of each one, exploring every possibility instead of just moving onto the next mission on a disk version.

The first time I booted up Paris I was taken back by how cool / big the map was. I spent maybe 1-2 hours just running around exploring then played it tons. Now have it pretty much locked down.

With episode two I don't even know where to begin.. this is some next level shit. God damn.

I have to admit, apart from the lame being online requirement and the fact the narrative gets a little confusing / hard to follow with the massive gaps but releasing this game episodically was definitely the right choice.

Initially I was annoyed and just wanted it all at once on disk, but this way you get massive content packed levels every 4-6 weeks which you get hyped for. Then you play the hell out of each one, exploring every possibility instead of just moving onto the next mission on a disk version.

In previous hitman games I would only go back and replay if I had really messed up or after I had finished the whole game. Now its part of each level. 

I replayed the first tutorial level four times to pick up a decent number of the challenges, but I haven't gone past that yet.

I haven't had time to check out the new level yet, do unlocks from the previous mission carry over?

Unless there's something I'm missing, it doesn't appear so. However the starting item set is different (for example, you start with the sniper rifle as an item you can have at a designated location which is something you had to unlock in the Paris level).

Unless there's something I'm missing, it doesn't appear so. However the starting item set is different (for example, you start with the sniper rifle as an item you can have at a designated location which is something you had to unlock in the Paris level).

Yeah, the equipment you unlock in any mission is usable in any other mission

I feel like someone is wrong here :)

I just tried bringing the breaching charges (unlocked in Sapienza) into the Paris mission and it worked, so unless I misunderstood the question, I'm pretty sure it works.   :)

The UI makes very little sense to me in this game, so I would wager that I am the one incorrect about this. :-)

This is nuts. The level has such a sense of place... It even has an inflatable crocodile I used to own as a kid, bought in Greece or thereabouts years ago.

post-6685-0-60446200-1461872916_thumb.jpg

The first episode did not get me too excited about the game, but Sapienza looked and sounded so fantastic that I bought the game. I hope Marrakesh, Thailand and other levels will have similar attention to detail.

I've caved in and bought this due to the constant praise on the podcast. I'm having a great time so far but I'm really bad at this game. I wonder if maybe it's presented the wrong way around? I found the first mission super overwhelming, but now that I'm doing the escalations I'm getting a better feel for the mechanics. Part of me feels like maybe the escalations should be given to you first so you can see the different mechanics at play in each level before you attempt the sandbox run. Maybe that would ruin the whole progression of the game though; I've never played one of these so I might just be approaching it the wrong way.

Either way, I'm having an awesome time. I poisoned the sushi so the dude's bodyguard got sick, then stole his clothes. That didn't help though since it made him suspicious when I got close, but I was able to follow him into the garden when he made a phone call and take him out. Someone saw it happen so the bodyguard disguise was compromised, so I had to sneak into the basement and steal a bartender disguise. Then I got a security disguise and stole the fireworks trigger. I wanted to lure out the woman to the balcony, and I realised I could climb up to the top floor, so I got up on the balcony, hid in the corner and pressed the button. I shot her when she came out and slipped back onto the railing and down to the garden to escape in the helicopter. The whole thing was kind of nonsense but I loved coming up with dumb plans and improvising ways to get stuff done. I don't even want to touch the new level until I've completely explored Paris.

I'm loving this. I'm still working on the second tutorial level. Seeing the different options expand is so fun.

Facebook showed me an ad post in my feed and I was very disheartened by the comments. Everyone was slugging the game merely on the basis of its episodic nature and I saw very little argument. Super anecdotal, but that with the stream reviews makes me bummed a bit. When I have a few more hours logged than three I'm going to put a positive review up.

Oh my god.

This guy completes Sapienza in just over 3 minutes by launching fire extinguishers at the targets.

I only played the game briefly yesterday, but so far it seems to be what I wanted out of a new Hitman game, i.e. more sandbox-y than Absolution and more context sensitive and "modern" than Blood Money. I appreciate that the game seems to let me customize the hint level to a large extent. I haven't fiddled with that stuff yet, but I think I will leave at least some of the systems on, because otherwise I will just end up Googling the solution to some of the opportunity stuff when I can't figure out how to proceed on my own.

I hit a bug where someone noticed me every time I loaded a save and piano-wired the target in the first training mission, although no one had a line-of-sight on the action. I also doubt that the action was too noisy. After several tries, I finally gave up and just planted an explosive on the desk, exited the yacht, and triggered the explosion as I reached my fake getaway car. That felt pretty cool too.

Also, what the fuck is up with the menu design in this game?

Oh my god.

This guy completes Sapienza in just over 3 minutes by launching fire extinguishers at the targets.

That's a guy who's well and truly ready for the next update.

the details in this game that seem most impressive to me are the ones that feel intended to drive home how ordinary and mundane aspects of these locations are.  Despite all their extravagance, both locations contain things that feel real, and are based around a convincing infrastructure.

I read something about how the developers created the fashion show, and their knowledge about how these shows are themed and planned and put together, and it's really cool.  Like, I feel like in some games it would feel like you were in a "fashion show building", but the Showstopper level has all this care put into the backstory of what this place is when it isn't a fashion show, and making you think about what these rooms were initially used for and why that led for them to be chosen for whatever specific function they serve at the moment.

the details in this game that seem most impressive to me are the ones that feel intended to drive home how ordinary and mundane aspects of these locations are.  Despite all their extravagance, both locations contain things that feel real, and are based around a convincing infrastructure.

I read something about how the developers created the fashion show, and their knowledge about how these shows are themed and planned and put together, and it's really cool.  Like, I feel like in some games it would feel like you were in a "fashion show building", but the Showstopper level has all this care put into the backstory of what this place is when it isn't a fashion show, and making you think about what these rooms were initially used for and why that led for them to be chosen for whatever specific function they serve at the moment.

I am so hype for the Morocco level now. I really hope this game gets the respect it deserves. This level design is top notch.