Sign in to follow this  
tegan

Tegan on Patreon

So you guys may have noticed this in the Life topic earlier, but I think I can get away with giving this its own thread.

Quoted from my tumblr:

Oo9OUeQ.png

Hey guys.

So at this point, I’ve built up a fairly sizable audience here on tumblr, and I want to see if I can make it work for me. You all know that I’ve made a habit of producing free drawings every day, and that won’t change. Frankly, I want to do more of that. I want to have the time to produce more involved projects like the Pikmin piece I posted a few weeks back, or some of the more complex commissions I’ve been doing. But in order to do that, I need to be able to keep my focus on them full time. To help me do that, I’ve launched a Patreon, which I’ll be promoting on here from time to time.

You’ll notice that as of right now, there are no goals, and no reward tiers. That won’t be the case for long, I assure you. I’m new to this sort of thing, so I’d actually prefer to hear what you guys would like to see on that end before I make any judgments for you. I will let you know that one project I’ve been trying to get off the ground for a while now is a horror comic anthology, consisting of multiple shorts written and drawn by me. Patrons would get to hear the story pitches ahead of time, have access to exclusive concept art, get early access to comic pages, and even get to vote on which stories get produced first. I’d also like to supplement my existing commission business, and maybe give patrons above a certain tier a free or discounted commission (but don’t worry, commissions will always be available to anyone, Patron or otherwise).

It’s been a weird transitional period for me over the last few years. I’ve been constantly struggling to make ends meet and coping with mental illness, and the work I’ve produced for tumblr has been a fantastic outlet for me, and I know you like it too (or at least really like that one Arcanine picture). If you want to see more of what I can do, I urge you to pledge. the Patreon was originally created at the request of a few generous benefactors who wanted to make large donations, but right now, if everyone following this blog chipped in as little as $2 USD a month, I could make a full-time living making things for you to enjoy. I’d like to thank you again for your support, for reading all of this so far, and (hopefully) for your support in the future.

CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT ME ON PATREON

And let me know: If you were a patron, what kind of content would you like to see?