Sign in to follow this  
clyde

Fashion

I love this jacket. I've looked up credits for this shoot and it has only led me to a thrift store in Santiago, Chile. I'm looking to track down some people on Twitter for this jacket.

BmEloMh.jpg

I enjoyed watching this short and whimsical documentary on women's power-suits.

I used to maintain a style and update my looks from wearing whatever was bought to thrift shop diving to colour blocking but money's grown fairly scarce now so I just wear a couple of default workhorse styles (Chinos + Random Shirt + Boots + Hoody) mostly made up from previous trends and I'll get maybe one or two new things a year.

That said if I did have the income for it I'd buy a good pair of dark jeans some buzzy looking patterned T's and a canvas jacket or two and then save up for my next pair of Rockports. I tend to shop at the mid range stores like Hallensteins although I'd buy from anywhere if I thought looked good. 

If I updated my look right now I'd come out as some blend of city cool, hipster, and business casual. Although if I was super slender I don't think I could resist looking like some version of Misty from Pokemon.

Anyway my cousin and his girlfriend started their own custom clothing business a few years ago (she's the artist/business owner and he helps out with managing when he can) and I've kept a keen interest in seeing them grow from a store operating on a Facebook Page to managing a website, developing their own self made brand, taking over the bones of their old local Fish N Chip shop/Butchery, hiring an extra hand in the form of a Maori stone-carver who's now set up a workshop to carve greenstone and greywhacke, to having their clothing worn by some random guy on X-Factor NZ, to owning a store on Cuba Street in the CBD and running their own fashion shows. These last two are super recent -the store isn't even open until the end of the week. But it's been so cool seeing how they've progressed into an almost recognisable brand operating on the main boutique stores and cafes street in our city. 

Anyway they're Foresight Customised Clothing (if you want to take a look/live in Oceania and have funky clothes you want made).

I'm looking to update my wardrobe a bit but I'm having trouble finding nice t-shirts, mostly because I'm quite picky. I don't want a load of gaming/nerd references or amusing slogans/images I just want nice designs or patterns. High street stores haven't proven to be much use and most of the online places I look seem to be threadless style (which is fine but mostly falls into the previously mentioned categories of what I'm not looking for). 

Does anyone know some places that are more curated and less brand/reference focused? preferably European based but that's not a deal breaker.

H&M usually does me pretty good in that department. Not the best quality, but the price makes up for it.

Thanks I've just been to H&M, I got a couple of t-shirts but just plain ones as I wasn't too keen on their printed ones so I'm still looking if anyone has any other suggests.

Side note - I'm happy to see that a lot of stuff in H&M has concious labels now.

Society 6? They should be on the more arty spectrum end of threadless. You should check out tkmaxx. Their selection can be entirely random, so there is always the chance you will see something. Also, I've had some luck on Amazon recently with clothes!

I got a couple of t-shirts from society6 and although there was a lot of chaff to sift through I am happy with the ones I bought. They took weeks to arrive though and then had customs charges on top, not a huge inconvenience sure but I thought I'd explore other options before heading back there.

I haven't been in TKMAXX for years I should check them out, I just checked and there's one not too far away :)

Shirt and pants/jeans depending on how formal. I really don't enjoy wearing suits, so i though it might get a blazer for when i need to fancy up.

You'll want it to be on the slimmer side, if you're going casual at all.

Maybe check out uniqlo.

Become quite into clothing since last year.

I got tired of wearing the same plain shirt, so I decided to teach myself how to match colors and seek out high quality brands. 

My best catch is my Diesel jeans that I got for $18 at a thrift store. :D And speaking of Diesel, I want these boots

http://shop.diesel.com/dress-shoes/cassidy/00YE19PR080.html?dwvar_00YE19PR080_color=T7225