Sign in to follow this  
clyde

Fashion

Men's clothing stores, like Joseph A Banks will have serious buy one get one free sales for nicer shorts that don't have the cargo side pockets. This is what my boyfriend wears in those 95 degree Davis summers to teach as a TA, paired with a plaid/checkered button up short sleeve shirt (also from the Joseph A Banks buy one get ones.)

Don't bother buying from Joseph A Banks if it's not one of their buy one get one sales though! It's so expensive and the sales happen so often that it's worth waiting for it.

Also they have wrinkle resistant stuff if you hate ironing.

I am pretty sure Jos A Bank is one of the highest-advertising clothing stores in the country. Their entire business strategy is offering 4 sales a week, feels like. Without a sale, all of their clothing is horrifically overpriced (which they do so they can offer you an "amazing" sale).

These are likely obvious recommendations, but if you're looking to step your gear up with a budget eye it's worth keeping an eye on:

yoox.com

and signing up for the flash sale sites:

gilt.com

myhabit.com

sometimes it's really expensive, but they send out a fair amount of coupons, and a lot of the same stuff circulates a few times in a season, getting cut again and again. 

i'd also suggest measuring yourself and learn how the stuff you like is sized. different companies/designers cut differently. once it's committed to memory it's easy to decide if something is worth it or not! 

i'm only 5'10 190lbs, and in my top favorite designers from the earlier post that makes me an XL, an occasionally that doesn't cut it. that part is really silly. 

In order to fit your foot into boots, you need to unzip it.

So you unzip the boots, put your legs through your weird boot pants, and into the boots, and then zip it up so that it hugs your calves, otherwise it would be too hard to fit your feet in there!

Seeing "foot" and "boots" right next to each other makes my pronunciation of both go all wonky in my head.

I did not expect so many people to have shorts advice, thanks folks!

Look at my shoes. This is me making a concerted effort not to buy new shoes for about a year now.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

please fix the shoes that are on the wrong side of each other and post the new photo, thanks dibs

I LOVE those green sneakers. Where did you get those?

Ah, TKMAXX many years ago - you can find the best random stuff there.

Apparently the rename was just a move to avoid local brand confusion with TJ Hughes. So not very interesting.

I've had the same group of 5 pairs of shoes for years now, and really took time to look at a new purchase. I eventually got tired and basically did the safest thing by getting the white/green stan smiths.

Luckily, they're great and comfortable and I haven't seen anyone else with a pair. 

In a perfect world, I would have gotten these, which I basically stare at for minutes at a time on a regular basis.

vlR4k43.jpg

I would have bought that custom-work and never known what the proper occasion for wear would be.