Korax

DISHONORED 2: MISS HONORED

2 hours ago, Dosed said:

So after a massive arse on with trying to download the thing I finally have it downloaded! Yayyy! Oh wait. It won't get passed the second loading screen and just crashes before doing so. Amazing. I really do miss how stupidly easy to use consoles are compared to PCs. At least when I had a PS3 I'd pay a considerable amount of money for a game and it would actually fucking work. Now I'm 60 euros down and have to fuck on trying to get it to work. I'm updating my drivers and running it in administration mode and blah blah blah blah. Christ. Sorry to be like this, but man am I sick of this shit. 

I mean, this isn't very helpful now, but if you're sick of this shit one option is just to wait until the game comes out, and then either buy it once it's fixed or don't buy it if people have technical issues.

6 hours ago, Dosed said:

So after a massive arse on with trying to download the thing I finally have it downloaded! Yayyy! Oh wait. It won't get passed the second loading screen and just crashes before doing so. Amazing. I really do miss how stupidly easy to use consoles are compared to PCs. At least when I had a PS3 I'd pay a considerable amount of money for a game and it would actually fucking work. Now I'm 60 euros down and have to fuck on trying to get it to work. I'm updating my drivers and running it in administration mode and blah blah blah blah. Christ. Sorry to be like this, but man am I sick of this shit. 

Well, I got it on PS4, and it does work just fine so far, but I did have to download an update for 90+ minutes.... So, it isn't perfect either. 

13 hours ago, sclpls said:

It ran flawlessly on my machine, quick load times and everything. Maybe that isn't very helpful because I have a really nice PC though. But it doesn't look like some huge graphical upgrade from Dishonored 1 so I would expect it to run pretty similarly for people.

Same here, I don't have a frame counter running so I don't know the exact FPS but it generally feels smooth with some occasional drops. No different to just about any other game really.

I've spent nearly 3 hours on the second level, there's just so much to do. I'm really enjoying it, looks absolutely gorgeous. The change of setting to a more southern town makes the art feel very fresh and there's a lot of high contrast super bleached stone mixed in with dark alleys etc. It all works very well together. There's still a pile of reading to do with all the notes and books that are left lying around and it adds lots more to this world.

Gameplay is generally unchanged but refined(you can knock out people from a high drop, dark vision shows enemies destinations, things like that). I'm playing it stealthily but killing when I fuck up or I'm in a tight spot without relying a lot of loading saves.

26 minutes ago, thepaulhoey said:

Same here, I don't have a frame counter running so I don't know the exact FPS

How can you play like this? I don't understand. :blink:

10 hours ago, TychoCelchuuu said:

I mean, this isn't very helpful now, but if you're sick of this shit one option is just to wait until the game comes out, and then either buy it once it's fixed or don't buy it if people have technical issues.

Yeah, you're right. I just succumbed to a very juvenile rage is all. I also thought it might be a technical issue on my end as I remembered that I recently had to remove a stick of RAM as it was playing up. I then replaced the RAM and nothing changed so I really do think it's something to do with the developers. Especially after reading online that with windows 7 the type of crash I described is one of the more common ones. 

I think I was just excited to play a nice big meaty triple A game after playing nothing but Hearthstone for the last 18 years. 

On the TXAA issue, I don't see a massive improvement from using the other options, slight but nothing I'd really notice. It's a weird one though, the game is a bit blurrier with TXAA but without it there's these horrible whites lines on the seams of some geometry and it's very distracting so TXAA feels essential.

It sounds like PC performance is a bit hit and miss with some people saying it runs fine and others suggesting that it runs pretty terribly. Has anyone here tried it on a 970? I don't really care if I can run it on max settings, but I'd feel better about picking it up if I knew it was going to run somewhat smoothly. 

Spent nearly 4 hours on the second mission and still missed half the loot, a painting and some Runes. :/ I was certain I had scoured everywhere. (playing without any markers enabled to encourage me to explore everywhere it looks like I can get to, which is a lot of places)

I am still on the first chapter, but loving it! I have to play after impressionable minds are asleep, so I didn't have a bunch of time. 

1 hour ago, thepaulhoey said:

Spent nearly 4 hours on the second mission and still missed half the loot, a painting and some Runes. :/ I was certain I had scoured everywhere. (playing without any markers enabled to encourage me to explore everywhere it looks like I can get to, which is a lot of places)

I learned to turn those off last time and it added so much. I look everywhere and read everything with no pressure to move quickly. I really love this world, and am happy to dillydally*.

*This is a word Corvo definitely would use. Trying to set a mood here.

I played a bit yesterday, and the gameplay felt really good. I'm not sure what it is that makes Dishonored feel so natural, but I just know that I will be having a good time with this game.

Also, runs smoothly so far on 1070. 

There are few things that feel cooler than being spotted by a guard 5 metres away and quickly sprinting at them, sliding and knocking them out with a punch before they can do anything.

Anyone else having troubles figuring out how close or where the enemies are based on the sound? I guess I only notice spatial audio design when it is not great.

I didn't know you could pick a No Powers option with Emily! That is super sick! I was pretty excited to see the douchey outsider again. I really dig that whole character and part of the LORE. Although the new voice actor is kind of meh to me. 

7 hours ago, Nappi said:

Anyone else having troubles figuring out how close or where the enemies are based on the sound? I guess I only notice spatial audio design when it is not great.

Yeah this has been bothering me. I replayed a little bit of the original Thief as a comparison, and Thief's sound design is way better. So much easier to tell where people are based on sound. Another point that really irks is that sometimes guards will inexplicably see you through walls, floors, etc. It's pretty messed up.

Got a kick out of a letter discussing a lascivious woman who rolls her pant legs up a bit high.

If anyone is totally stumped by the riddle for the Jindosh lock but wants to solve it let me know, and I can provide the guidelines for how to solve for this sort of problem without spoiling it. That would be LSAT prep knowledge finally put to use (since I ended up deciding against going to law school). I thought it was a pretty fun logic game.

I have no idea what you're talking about and I love it.

Also the performance in this game is so in consistent I just said F it and put it on ultra. Games real pretty.

So, I'm now 5 hours in and still on mission 2. I have been obsessively hunting for a combination to the safe in the overseer's office... I am going to move on when I play next, but if you happen to know if the safe combo is in the same building... you can slyly let me know. I gotta get all the runes!

Also, I like that one of the bone charms increases the chances of albino rats in rat swarms. You bet I've got that baby equipped! Need more albino rats!!

On 11/10/2016 at 3:37 PM, Vulpes Absurda said:

I got my PC copy from Amazon and unlike Titanfall 2 it comes with a disc! That installs the first 4.5 of 32! So not super helpful!

Thanks for posting this, as I was getting ready to ask if the disc had much of the install at all (or any for that matter)!

3 hours ago, Travis said:

...if you happen to know if the safe combo is in the same building... you can slyly let me know. I gotta get all the runes!

It is.

17 hours ago, sclpls said:

If anyone is totally stumped by the riddle for the Jindosh lock but wants to solve it let me know, and I can provide the guidelines for how to solve for this sort of problem without spoiling it. That would be LSAT prep knowledge finally put to use (since I ended up deciding against going to law school). I thought it was a pretty fun logic game.

I just got to this part last night. I'd like to be able to figure it out myself, and kinda want to be able to get the Eureka achievement, but damn, I don't know if my mind just wasn't in the right place. I've done a bit of exploring in the areas past it as I want those runes and charms. Am I right in assuming this is the non-lethal option for this point?

There is another non-lethal option that has a lot of steps before you can even discover it. Opening the lock gives you the option to skip this area (there's a prompt to move on to the next map, in case you're not finished exploring).