Korax

DISHONORED 2: MISS HONORED

What I want:

- less passive admonishment from the game if I choose to use systems other than stealth

No other complaints. I'm pretty psyched for this.

This. The cheap moralizing was so dull. The DLC was definitely my favorite part of Dishonored in no small part because they moved away from that and into more of a "film noir" kind of tone that felt more appropriate for the world. Unfortunately the trailer  doesn't give me a lot of room for optimism on this front. Still stoked for this game though!

Just checked out the sale on Steam. The price of the all the DLC total is close to double that of the Game of the Year edition, which is really dumb since I already own the base game. Steam is weird sometimes.

Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches are essentially just one story arc, so those you should get together. It's at least on par with the base game quality-wise, so if you want more of that, it's definitely worth checking out.

I liked the DLC quite a bit. Doud had slightly different movement and abilities, and he was treated as a character whose eyes you were seeing the world through as opposed to a silent protagonist you were shaping. They are worth playing as companions to the base game.

I liked the DLC quite a bit. Doud had slightly different movement and abilities, and he was treated as a character whose eyes you were seeing the world through as opposed to a silent protagonist you were shaping. They are worth playing as companions to the base game.

Speaking of this, I wonder how they're going to handle the.. uh, "speaking". Emily had dialogue in the first game so it'd be weird if she suddenly became a silent protagonist. But Corvo didn't have dialogue and it'd be weird if he suddenly became a non-silent protagonist. And it'd be weird to have one playable character who speaks and one who doesn't!

Just say that Outsider has chopped off Corvo's tongue, so he can't speak.

I hope Emily speaks. I would love for Dishonored to incorporate some of the conversation stuff from Human Revolution.

What if Corvo speaks in the sequel, no one flips out about it, and then Valve goes, "okay, now is the time", pulls the switch and releases Half Life 3 with a talking Gordon Freeman?

What if Corvo speaks in the sequel, no one flips out about it, and then Valve goes, "okay, now is the time", pulls the switch and releases Half Life 3 with a talking Gordon Freeman?

Voiced by Bobcat Goldthwait.

Corvo grunts, confirmed!  Silent Protagonist is so last decade, grunting is where it's at.

He didn't say he speaks!

Man, next week is going to be so great. This awful election will finally be over, and Dishonored 2 will be a game that you can play.

A little hard to believe its only a week away.. one of the best new IPs from last gen. I preordered it last week so i'm all set!

Just finished replaying the first game to get ready. Managed a no-kill ghost run. Trying to decide if I want to play through the DLC or start a KILL EVERYTHING run on the base game.

I got to 90% download of the game last night and had to go to bed. Woke up this morning and it seems like there's a problem with the steam servers or something as the download won't move an inch. Every other game which needs an update to run begins the downloading process without any problems even the original Dishonored! Anyone having a similar problem?

I barely remembered to pre-order in time to get the free definitive edition. My physical copy arrives today! Psyched!!

How is the performance on PC? User reviews are not very helpful because it seems that anything that doesn't give a stable 60 FPS on Ultra is "0/10 Worst Port Ever". Some have suggested that an abbreviation TXAA might be causing problems for some?

I played two hours last night. Man, what a breath of fresh air this is! The opening setup of the game is a little awkward and forced, but whatever. After that it gets so good. I like that there are lots of objects that you can interact with that don't necessarily have any gameplay value. And I also like Emily's character a lot. The writing for her brief monologues is all really top notch so far. To me it feels like a cross between this almost Shakespearian language and some hard boiled noir, and I'm so into it. Then everything else just feels like it is more Dishonored, which is great because more Dishonored.

Just now, Nappi said:

How is the performance on PC? User reviews not very helpful because anything that doesn't give a stable 60 FPS on Ultra is "0/10 Worst Port Ever". Some have suggested that an abbreviation known as TXAA might be causing problems for some?

It ran flawlessly on my machine, quick load times and everything. Maybe that isn't very helpful because I have a really nice PC though. But it doesn't look like some huge graphical upgrade from Dishonored 1 so I would expect it to run pretty similarly for people.

So after a massive arse on with trying to download the thing I finally have it downloaded! Yayyy! Oh wait. It won't get passed the second loading screen and just crashes before doing so. Amazing. I really do miss how stupidly easy to use consoles are compared to PCs. At least when I had a PS3 I'd pay a considerable amount of money for a game and it would actually fucking work. Now I'm 60 euros down and have to fuck on trying to get it to work. I'm updating my drivers and running it in administration mode and blah blah blah blah. Christ. Sorry to be like this, but man am I sick of this shit.