tegan

Steam Summer Sale Spendapalooza

Well, I'm kinda glad Steam refunds exists, because one of the games I bought just wasn't running at all on my PC and another I bought, I just didn't like (I'm a wizard snob), which had a sequel I also bought.

Damn, I already feel bad for asking for more than one refund in a row, but I guess in this Steampocalypse sale there will be more than one person in the same situation. *cough*impulse buy*cough*

Also, the Life if Strange Steam page isn't working well and won't let you buy the episodes. 

I usually spend way too much money during Steam sales, although the only game I've bought this Steam sale is Hatoful Boyfriend...

Picked up a decent, little bundle of games, being most excited for Massive Chalice, This War of Mine, and LISA. A successful sale overall.

In the end I got away spending less than $30 and picking up:

The Witcher 2

Nidhogg

Contraption Maker

Cook, Serve, Delicious

The Fall

LISA

One Finger Death Punch

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Fallout New Vegas fancy everything edition

Also a friend got me Octodad :)

I didn't have a budget set this time around, but I stuck to my general guidelines of 1) less than $10 2) at least 66% off 3) flash/encore deal.  Everything I got falls in one or more of those categories.  I got

Wolfenstein The New Order

Dishonored GOTY

Gauntlet

Super Time Force Ultra

DmC Devil May Cry

Grim Fandango Remastered

Please, Don't Touch Anything

and a bunch of gift games for a friend.

Don't Starve (with expansion)

Massive Chalice

Hatoful Boyfriend

Not bad

Darkest Dungeon

Life Is Strange

A bunch of Payday 2 DLC

The Endless Legend DLC

Not bad at all, I just spent more than that filling up my car's tank.

I'm so excited to see at least a couple people get Hatoful Boyfriend because I loved that so much. Please contribute to my Hatoful Boyfriend thread and tell me who your true bird love is once you play it!

Got Depths of Tolagar, Chivalry and I flipped a coin to choose between Invisible Inc. and MASSIVE CHALICE.

Don't think there's much else I want.

Ended up getting Talos Principal and Unity of Command as well.

Naturally, I've spent the last 4 days playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the first time (which I got in a Steam sale like 2 years ago).

Naturally, I've spent the last 4 days playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the first time (which I got in a Steam sale like 2 years ago).

This is the true spirit and meaning of christmas the steam summer sale.

I've done the exact same thing except started playing stick of truth

Dragon Age: Inquistion for me.

In the end I got:

Star Ruler 2

Supreme Commander 2 (with the dlc)

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (with the dlc).

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

Alphadia Genesis

Metal Gear Revangence

Since it last until tomorrow I am tempted to pick up Darkstone, mostly due nostalgia, but I am very aware that the game might be too old now.

Well, I just found out that you can't trade or use the Steam Marketplace for a few days if you change your password, I'm missing ONE card and I can't do anything with them. I can't even give them away.

At least I managed to snagged the Season Pass for Life is Strange.

Well, I just found out that you can't trade or use the Steam Marketplace for a few days if you change your password, I'm missing ONE card and I can't do anything with them. I can't even give them away.

Yeah, even just changing certain settings in the Steam app for Android, which doesn't even have marketplace access, locks you out of the marketplace for two weeks. The past two sales before this one, I'd randomly changed a few things in the app after reinstalling it in anticipation of the Steam sale and ended up being unable to do anything with trading cards instead. It's... not ideal.

I can understand why it exists for a password change, but want on Earth does the app have that would warrant this? 

Gold Helm. I guess I might be able to accept others cards, but maybe that's cut off too?

I picked up:

-The Last Federation (looks like my thing, I want to negotiate relations between parties who have a sense of agency and power)

-Music Creator 7 (I got addicted to using pirated Cakewalk circa 2000, I was listening to some of the midi-songs I made back then and I want to make some more using a similar workflow (staff view))

Trip (I haven't played Proteus, but I plan to play it and this when I'm in an exploratory mood)

Tomb Raider (xbox gold and PsPlus have expired for me and this is the game I keep thinking about having lost)

- Far Cry 2 (I don't play my 360 any more and I've been wanting to play some Far Cry 2 again)

For me:

Talos Principle

Unity of Command

The Witcher (lost my disk)

Shogo:MAD (on GOG)

Thoguht about a few games, like Brothers, but I still have plenty of stuff from the winter sale I need to get to.

I bought way more than I have been in previous sales, but almost all of what I bought was on my wishlist so I don't feel too bad about it -

Dead Rising 3

The Talos Principle

Ori and the Blind Forest

Life is Strange Complete

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Banished

Valkyria Chronicles

Cook, Serve, Delicious!

Batman: Arkham Origins

Sunset

The Fall

Gold Helm. I guess I might be able to accept others cards, but maybe that's cut off too?

Yeah, according to Steam you are "not available to trade".

Unless there's another way then maybe it's time to sell what you have for Steam wallet funds before the Sale cards vanish at 19:00 European today?

I picked up a few games:

The Talos Principle

Sir, You Are Being Hunted

Jazzpunk

Don't Starve + Reign of Kings

Fallout NV's DLC

XCOM: Complete

There were a couple other games that caught my eye, but I decided to practice a little self-restraint.

Metro Redux Bundle
Super Win the Game

Hero Siege (because dibs said it would be a fun game to coop, but the servers were down)
Life Is Strange Episode 1
The Talos Principle 
Remember Me
Gods Will Be Watching 
Dreamfall Chapters
LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean The Video Game
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood ROW